Re: tuvu

  • Varno <elflist2000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Ferencz <percival64@y...> wrote:
      > But what has this got to do with "tuvu" in the
      > subject???

      I have a question on the actual subject of _tuvu-_, it is said to
      mean "recieve".

      I was wanting to use it in a composition, how could i make this valid
      for LOTR-Style Quenya (for want of a better term)??

      I have been taught, via ardalambion, that all verbs must end in "a"
      or a consonant, so how could I convert this??

      Perhaps _tuva-_???

      Varno
    • Thomas Ferencz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
        Mmm.. haven't we discussed this over at elfling?

        Thomas
        --- "Varno <elflist2000@...>"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • firstblade_jr <firstblade_jr@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
          > I have a question on the actual subject of _tuvu-_, it is said to
          > mean "recieve".
          >
          > I was wanting to use it in a composition, how could i make this
          valid
          > for LOTR-Style Quenya (for want of a better term)??
          >
          > I have been taught, via ardalambion, that all verbs must end in "a"
          > or a consonant, so how could I convert this??
          >
          > Perhaps _tuva-_???

          Want can also be the quenya word 'merë'.
          So in the text it would become, 'mera', I believe.
          But if you wanted to us tuvu, It would either become 'tuva' or maybe
          even 'tuvua'.