Re: [quenya] Re: Help with Quenya/translation needed

  • Thomas Ferencz
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2002
      > Or maybe "Cuina melmenya ~ mele cuilenya."
      > "Live your love ~ love your life." Only two more
      > syllables, and it
      > better captures the sense of the original. :)

      The only problem here being is that melmenya and
      cuilenya mean my love and my life.

      Thomas

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Leenay Stutzman <gaerielleenay@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Ferencz <percival64@y...> wrote:

        > > Or maybe "Cuina melmenya ~ mele cuilenya."
        > > "Live your love ~ love your life." Only two more
        > > syllables, and it
        > > better captures the sense of the original. :)
        >
        > The only problem here being is that melmenya and
        > cuilenya mean my love and my life.
        >
        > Thomas

        Oops! Sorry, you're right of course. I meant melmelya and cuilelya.
        I've been working on a chart of noun declension, and using 1st person
        to show possessive. I guess my fingers are on autopilot! :)