Advice needed....

  • whitewulfsong <whitewolfsong@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2002
      Vedui'
      Please forgive my use of English for now....I have wanted to
      learn Quenya since I was in high school, but I never could find a
      way to learn. Now I have found the Quenya lessons on line, but can
      anyone offer me advice on what is the easiest way to get started
      learning Quenya when I don't have anyone around to practice with?
      Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...
      My first obstacle is: is the "ll" in Quenya pronounced like
      the "ll" in Spanish?
      Diola lle
      Tammy ;-)
    • Gildor Inglorion
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2002
        teithant "whitewulfsong <whitewolfsong@...>"

        > Vedui'

        this is not Quenya :)

        > Please forgive my use of English for now....I
        > have wanted to
        > learn Quenya since I was in high school, but I never
        > could find a
        > way to learn. Now I have found the Quenya lessons
        > on line, but can
        > anyone offer me advice on what is the easiest way to
        > get started
        > learning Quenya when I don't have anyone around to
        > practice with?

        the lessons of www.ardalambion.com? it has exercises
        after each lessons, and a key to justify your answers

        > Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...
        > My first obstacle is: is the "ll" in Quenya
        > pronounced like
        > the "ll" in Spanish?

        the language you are referring to is not Quenya... in
        Quenya however ll is pronounced double l

        > Diola
        > lle

        this is not Quenya either :)