Aiya

  • david_robert_morton
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
      Hi Everybody,

      My name is David, I'm 15 and I live in Australia. I've been learning
      Quenya for about a year or so, and I've been part of the Elfling
      listt for a while. But I joined this list because I am most
      interested in Quenya of all of Tolkien's languages.

      I'm looking forward to learning heaps from you :)

      Thanks

      David, or Meldon
    • Thomas Ferencz
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
        Aiya!

        Merin len limbe alasse mentat�masse sina!

        M�ra mesta,

        Onillo
        --- david_robert_morton <emorton10@...> wrote:
        > Hi Everybody,
        >
        > My name is David, I'm 15 and I live in Australia.
        > I've been learning
        > Quenya for about a year or so, and I've been part of
        > the Elfling
        > listt for a while. But I joined this list because I
        > am most
        > interested in Quenya of all of Tolkien's languages.
        >
        > I'm looking forward to learning heaps from you :)
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > David, or Meldon
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • david_robert_morton
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
          Onillo

          Hantanyel, an mentalya tyarnen valin naa.

          Maara Mesta

          Meldon

          (I thank you, for you message caused me to be happy)

          How was that, i've never used quenya in a conversational situation
          before (just for poetry) - it's hard!!!

          Thanks

          Meldon

          --- In quenya@y..., Thomas Ferencz <percival64@y...> wrote:
          > Aiya!
          >
          > Merin len limbe alasse mentatémasse sina!
          >
          > Mára mesta,

        • Thomas Ferencz
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 22, 2002
            Aiya,

            not bad. I would say _tyarnen_ is no good here, as it
            means "I caused"; better use a separate pronoun:
            tyarne ni

            Bye,

          • raduchinan <metaforik@email.ro>
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 26, 2002
              Hello, I am a novice in Quenya and I found an interesting text to
              translate. Can you give me your own versions of the
              following:''...she knew in her heart that words were a two-edged
              sword, and that he who lives by the sword, perishes by the sword.''
            • nutin
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2003
                Aiya nildor, ne na elda. Neo esse na Vëon.
                Ne na "newbie" or Quenya, mal ne (tryies.
                Le pol tur mana ne tec... =)
              • skkinywhitekid
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 19, 2005
                  Aiyan meldar sinome(of) mirar.