[quenya] Re: Tengwestie (protocol) (nee Merin tece i FAQ)

  • Greg Dyke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 1999
      Wilindyo tence

      >Tirno eteekie:
      >
      > > Yando nautanye (nauutanye??) nai haryamme tengwesta istien English ar
      > > Quenya ceniesse.
      >
      >Nan haryalme tengwesta Natsesse, teekina Ainonello: "Ardalambion".
      >Mana merilye care, ta pella ?
      >
      >[ Note that -mme is exclusive "we". Here inclusive -lme should be used,
      > the addressed person being part of the "we". ]
      >[ _natse_ "web, net" is used to mean "the Web". ]

      Laa! Mernenye tecie("meant" laa "wished to write") haryalme ***(="a
      protocol") tecien ilistani quettaron.

      Haryalme i *** aldava, ya naa tecie i tertecca teccaryo apa teccaryo (yee li
      teccar)

      Haryalme ***nya, ya naa tecie laa tertecca(translation).

      I ***u naar laa maare

      Mana tecuvalme sina?

      Tirno

      A.T. tur(does) ilye meera tengwestie sina? Ar tur ilye meela A.T. tecien
      "Apa Teccaron"?

    • Wilindyo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 1999
        Tirno sermonya, rucin sa inye hanya laa ya eteekielye...
        [Tirno my friend, I am afraid that I dont understand what you have
        written]

        > Laa! Mernenye tecie ("meant" laa "wished to write") haryalme ***(="a
        > protocol") tecien ilistani quettaron.

        "ilistani quettaron"?? ilye quettar ya istamme ?
        [all the words we know?]

        "ilistani" ea laa maara quetta.
        ["ilistani" is not a good word]

        > Haryalme i *** aldava, ya naa tecie i tertecca teccaryo apa teccaryo
        > (yee li teccar)

        "aldava"?? ["of tree"?]
        "teccar"?? [seems to be the plural of *tecca, and I don't have that
        word in my list.]

        > Haryalme ***nya, ya naa tecie laa tertecca(translation).
        >
        > I ***u naar laa maare
        >
        > Mana tecuvalme sina?

        *[What will we write this ??]

        > A.T. tur(does) ilye meera tengwestie sina? Ar tur ilye meela A.T.
        tecien
        > "Apa Teccaron"?

        Ainon yuhta _Apa i Teekina_ -- Maa naas maara, Ainon?
        [Helge uses "after the written" -- Is that good, Ainon?]

        Wilindyo.