Olorin

  • skyfullofstars76
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2002
      does anyone know anything about the word olori from which Olorin was
      derived. I know that it means dreams.

      "'Dreams' is really an inadequate translation of olori, but there is
      nothing in English that comes close to this concept. To the Elves,
      memory and imagination presented a mental image that had the clarity
      of reality - it is these clear perceptions that the word olori
      actually refers. "

      Does anyone know any other forms of the word and how it's used.
      Thanks,
      jen