Re: [quenya] Help!

  • Gildor Inglorion
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      tence shadowstalynn@...

      > I need your help guys! I've decided that my english
      > poetry report is going
      > to be all about Tolkien's Quenya Poems (such as
      > Namarie, correct me if my
      > spelling is wrong). So, if any of you have the
      > time, I need some of
      > Tolkien's poems and their translations, or maybe a
      > place where i can find
      > them, you know, that kind of stuff. Thanks guys!

      * he has written Namaarie, Markirya and Fiiriel's
      Song. All and their translation and commentary can be
      found in Ardalambion

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        Thank you! and I'll start posting in quenya ASAP.  I've printed out all the resources I could find.

        Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
              Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
        Nine for mortal men doomed to die,
              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
              One Ring to rule them all.  One Ring to find them.
        One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
              In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

        Matt
                    "If you want him, come and claim him!"