Re: [quenya] About Quenya .. audio files

  • C Masuoka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      --- On Fri 04/14, Burcu ZOR < burcuzor@... > wrote:

      > audio-visual aids to make my presentation more attractive. Aren't there any sources expect the Dr.Tolkien's poem on net? A song or a video or a dialogue?

      There are a fair number of audio files with people reading Quenya, though. A good place to start is
      <http://petrisamueltikka.tripod.com/> It has several relatively short audio files (Alcar, Firiel's Song, and Namarie are Quenya) and links to several other sites with audio files.

      If you're looking for something to _really_ take up time, there's a 9 minute 15 second Quenya reading here <http://www.lambion-ardava.net/Katharina/Elessar.mp3> (the Quenya text she is reading is on this page <http://www.alissonrveldhuis.com/JRRT_languages.html>. It's a translation of part of Tolkien's "Unfinished Tales").

      Also, if you check the [relatively recent] archives of the elfling list, there were lots of posts about audio files and comments on them.

      There are also lots of songs in Quenya and Sindarin on the internet (though on some of them, the pronounciation is pretty far off). I'll post some titles and links in another message.

      >Can I also find that poem's English translation?

      There an English translation here: <http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/namarie.htm>

      Hope this is helpful.
      Good luck with your presentation.
      Christine