Can someone help me?

  • jusname
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      Can anyone translate the following phrase into Quenya for me
      "I am symbolic of the symbol that symbolizes me"
    • quildarener
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "jusname" <jusname@y...> wrote:
        > Can anyone translate the following phrase into Quenya for me
        > "I am symbolic of the symbol that symbolizes me"

        In more or less attested Tolkien Quenya:

        "Nanye i tanna i tanno ya naa tannanya." =
        ("I am the sign of the sign that is my sign.")

        Some more hypothetical alternatives: inye ("I") for *nanye without
        the verb for "to be"

        Tancol ("The Signifier") for "symbolic," with or without a verb
        *tancol- coined from the noun to mean "signify," hence "symbolize."

        Thus: Inye i tancol i tanno ya tancole nye.

        And so on.
      • jusname
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12, 2005
          Thank you very much!