Re: [quenya] My reading of Namarie

  • Johan Winge
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2005
      Nice!

      Just a couple of comments: perhaps double consonants should be held
      slightly longer, to contrast better with the short. This also applies to
      some of the accented vowels. Second, the stress should be TINtilar, ELeni,
      roomELLo. The rest is nitpicking: the u in yuldar should ideally be less
      fronted, and the ui in luini should probably be more of a diphthong.

      Regards,
      Johan Winge
    • Pityon Laston Mithrendir
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2005
        Thank you very much for your remarks!

        I have recorded another one version of beatiful "Namarie". Maybe this
        one is correct at all. It sounds a little bit awkward with all those
        really-long-long-vowels and long-double-consonants but I think this
        may be acceptable in poetry and also good for all those who would wish
        to learn from it.

        Regards,
        Pityon
        www.paxel.prv.pl
        pityon@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2005
          Just for fun and comparison you can listen to my
          version of this same poem at the following link:

          http://eldaryon.webmagazin.hu/download.php?op=getit&lid=28

          There is also a recording of Tolkien's Catholic
          prayers:

          http://eldaryon.webmagazin.hu/download.php?op=getit&lid=43

          Best wishes,
          --- Pityon Laston Mithrendir <pityon@...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much for your remarks!
          >
          > I have recorded another one version of beatiful
          > "Namarie". Maybe this
          > one is correct at all.

          =====
          Thomas Ferencz

          -- love is the shadow that ripens the wine --

          http://my.yahoo.com