Re: [quenya] My reading of Namarie

  • Kraytilius Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2005

      ah crap, I haven't been learning Quenya.  I need to start again.  I never finish anything...or I just haven't finished anything yet.  I'm still working on it all.

    • Johan Winge
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2005
        Nice!

        Just a couple of comments: perhaps double consonants should be held
        slightly longer, to contrast better with the short. This also applies to
        some of the accented vowels. Second, the stress should be TINtilar, ELeni,
        roomELLo. The rest is nitpicking: the u in yuldar should ideally be less
        fronted, and the ui in luini should probably be more of a diphthong.

        Regards,
        Johan Winge
      • Pityon Laston Mithrendir
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2005
          Thank you very much for your remarks!

          I have recorded another one version of beatiful "Namarie". Maybe this
          one is correct at all. It sounds a little bit awkward with all those
          really-long-long-vowels and long-double-consonants but I think this
          may be acceptable in poetry and also good for all those who would wish
          to learn from it.

          Regards,
          Pityon
          www.paxel.prv.pl
          pityon@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2005
            Just for fun and comparison you can listen to my
            version of this same poem at the following link:

            http://eldaryon.webmagazin.hu/download.php?op=getit&lid=28

            There is also a recording of Tolkien's Catholic
            prayers:

            http://eldaryon.webmagazin.hu/download.php?op=getit&lid=43

            Best wishes,
            --- Pityon Laston Mithrendir <pityon@...> wrote:

            > Thank you very much for your remarks!
            >
            > I have recorded another one version of beatiful
            > "Namarie". Maybe this
            > one is correct at all.

            =====
            Thomas Ferencz

            -- love is the shadow that ripens the wine --

            http://my.yahoo.com