Luuce Tinuuvielo

  • sshiskom
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2001
      Luuthien's Enchantment

      Lifting up her hand she commanded him to sleep, saying: 'O woe-
      begotten spirit, fall now into dark oblivion, and forget for a
      while the dreadful doom of life.' And Carcharoth was felled, as
      though lightning had smitten him.

      Luuce Tinuuvielo

      Ortanes maarya ar antaneryes fuume. Quentes: 'A nyeere-nostaina
      faire, aa lanta sii morna {oblivion}nna, ar {forget} cuileo
      {dreadful} umbar.' Ar Carcharoth lantane, ve {lightning} {hit}itas.

      Any idea about missing words? I especially need a word for
      'remember' and 'forget'.

      For {dreadful}, I recall there exist a Sindarin phrase for
      "Leap of Dreadful Doom'.

      Earraame