Re: Min corma an tana menya melme...

  • quenya_555
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2004
      --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "chance" <mi4him@b...> wrote:
      > ring is Corma or
      > aY7t##

      yes it is sorry, ring is corma

      so in full it would be :

      Minë corma tana melmëlva
      Minë corma avaleryamë
      Minë corma pahta melmëlva
      ar illumë fastamë

      correct????
    • C Masuoka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
        probable corrections:
        1)_tanien_ ("for showing, in order to show", the gerund inflected for the dative) instead of _tana_ ("to show", the infintive) {compare "...alcar enyalien.." in Cirion's Oath}
        -_melmemma_ , see comment to line 3.
        2)_avalerien_ or maybe _nutien_ (nuta- is "to tie, bind.")
        3)_pahtien_.

        -Are you sure "in order to close/shut our love" makes sense?
        Maybe use _vesta-_ (_vestien_ would be the "in order to..." form) ("to wed" but also "to promise") for one of these verbs.

        -You don't really need the dots over the e's (in melmelva, for example) if they're not at the end of a word or in a cluster of vowels (like "ea"), or even at all (they have no effect on the sound).

        -_melmelva_ is the inclusive form of our. It includes the audience . This could work if you are talking to you spouse to be and not the other people in the wedding, but you might want to use _melmemma_, which is the ending for dual "our" (belonging to us two).
        (speaker + audience = inclusive we. speaker + other people but not audience = exclusive we. speaker + one other person = dual we.)

        4)probably _met fastien_ ("in order to entwine us two"; _met_ is a dual (2 person) "we")

        Namaarie,
        Christine Masuoka

        --- On Fri 07/16, quenya_555 < lotr_555@... > wrote:
        so in full it would be :