Crime and Punishment - Peterburg

  • SKC8563@hitel.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2001
      Crime and Punishment
      Part II Chapter VI

      Fyodor Dostoevskii
      (Constance Garnett)

      ----

      Raskolnikov describes Peterburg... One of my favorites.

      ----

      Ma melil malle-lindale? Melin sa hlare nandelle-liire, morne
      ringe quelle-anduunissen -- nauvante ringe -- iire ilye ranyar
      haryar helwe laiwe antar, var iire mixe nieninqui lantear teerave
      laa suuresse -- ma hanyalyen? -- ar malle-calmar calir ter te...

      ----

      Do you like street music? I love to hear singing to a street
      organ, I like it on cold, dark, damp autumn evenings -- they
      must be damp -- when all the passers-by have pale green, sickly
      faces, or better still when wet snow is falling straight down,
      when there's no wind -- you know what I mean? -- and street
      lamps shine through it...

      ----

      Earraamello.
    • hiddentalentagency
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
        Hi, he says in common speech! Uh, sorry, I'm just a beginner,
        although I would love to see someone translate this little ditty:

        Tigre, tigre,
        brile brule,
        in arborum
        nox obscura

        be that as it may, and I hope someone tries it, but what I need is
        info on a man in Victoria, B.C., Canada, Robert Noyes, I think, who
        many years ago invented NUQUENYA, which greatly simplifed the
        writing of the Lorien and Sindarin tongues, but in fact, ANYTHING, in
        ANY LANGUGE, could be written. My "Googling" turned up nothing, so
        I've joined this group to see what I shall see.
        I met this fellow in 1981, and had many a lovely fire-side chat (in
        English!) he had prepared a small card with the runes for each
        letter, some additional non-English runes, and all I can remember is
        he used J.R.R.T's runic languge, but he had the majority of the
        diacritics carried on the preceding vowel. Any help here?
        Write to : mikalhuber@...
        Or post reply here.
      • hiddentalentagency
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
          Hi, he says in common speech! Uh, sorry, I'm just a beginner,
          although I would love to see someone translate this little ditty:

          Tigre, tigre,
          brile brule,
          in arborum
          nox obscura

          be that as it may, and I hope someone tries it, but what I need is
          info on a man in Victoria, B.C., Canada, Robert Noyes, I think, who
          many years ago invented NUQUENYA, which greatly simplifed the
          writing of the Lorien and Sindarin tongues, but in fact, ANYTHING, in
          ANY LANGUAGE, could be written, hence my example in esperanto.