Tindoomenooresse

  • caffelice
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2004
      Hi, it's very nice to find a good place to practice Quenya. :)
      Following is a translation of a song called "In the land of twilight".

      Please correct me if I've made any mistakes. :)

      Tindoomenooresse
      ----------------

      Tindoomenooresse nu i Isil
      Liltamme an uunincar
      Cormarinde indil, tuia Isilnna
      Lindemme yo lindalenen

      Linduvanye an Isilcuuna
      Liltamme lindalenen
      ve mette tuluva rato
      Tindoomenooresse

      Rooma, linde nyellelya tindoomesse.. nyellas..
      eresse, nyellas ar laaminas tindoomesse

      Tindoomenooresse nu i Isil
      Liltamme an uunincar
      Cormarinde indil, tuia Isilnna
      Lindemme yo lindalenen

      Line-by-line
      ------------

      Tindoomenooresse nu i Isil
      In the land of twilight, under the moon

      Liltamme an uunincar
      We dance for the idiots

      Indil cormarinde, tuia Isilnna
      Flower ring-circled, jump toward moon

      Lindemme lindalenen
      We sing in the music

      Linduvanye an Isilcuuna
      I will sing for moon-crescent

      Liltamme lindalenen
      We dance in the music

      Ve mette tuluva rato
      As end will come soon

      Tindoomenooresse
      in the land of twilight

      Rooma, linde nyellelya tindoomesse.. nyellas..
      Loud, song of your bell in the twilight.. it rings..

      Eresse, nyellas, ar laaminas tindoomesse
      Alone, it rings and it echoes in the twilight

      Neologism
      ---------

      uuninca : fool. uu (neg.) + ninca (idea)

      Original Song
      -------------

      In the land of twilight, under the moon
      dance for the idiots
      ring-around-the-roses, jump to the moon
      we sing with the castanets

      I will sing for crescent moon
      dancing with the castanets
      as the end will come so soon
      in the land of twilight

      high and loud, the sound of your bell of the twilight...ringing..
      all alone, it rings and echoes in the twilight

      in the land of twilight, under the moon
      we dance for the idiots
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2004
        sshiskom helped me correcting this on the MSN.
        Following is the corrected version of the song.

        Tindoomenooresse
        ----------------

        Tindoomenooresse nu i Isil
        Liltamme alasailan
        Cormarinde indil, lapa Isilenna
        Lindemme yo lindalenen

        Linduvanye Isilcuunan
        Liltamme yo lindalenen
        ve mette tuluva rato
        Tindoomenooresse

        Rooma, linde nyellelya tindoomesse.. nyellas..
        eresse, nyellas ar laaminas tindoomesse

        Tindoomenooresse nu i Isil
        Liltamme alasailan
        Cormarinde indil, lapa Isilnna