Re: [quenya] Oron Halla (laamatyalie)

  • Helge K. Fauskanger
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2001
      > maara laamatyalie!

      Yee.. Auri sine hlarilme vinyar Pacistanello, ar noore tanasse (laa haira i
      reenallo, sanan) ea osto estaina _Quetta_!

      Inye oi sana i Quenya quetto "quetta" iire hlarin esse tana...

      - Ainon

      [Yeah... These days we hear news from Pakistan, and in that country (not
      far from the border, I think) there is a city called _Quetta_!

      I always think of the Quenya word "quetta" when I hear that name...

      - Helge]
    • Ales Bican
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2001
        Ainon tenke:

        > > maara laamatyalie!
        >
        > Yee.. Auri sine hlarilme vinyar Pacistanello, ar noore tanasse (laa haira i
        > reenallo, sanan) ea osto estaina _Quetta_!
        >
        > Inye oi sana i Quenya quetto "quetta" iire hlarin esse tana...

        **Var i esse _Marquette_ -- maar quettaron? IIrima laaamatyalie.
        Nan laa naan i minya i sin quente, hlarnenyes Eruuve Elenello.

        Alda

        [**Or the name _Marquette_ -- home of words? Lovable pun.
        But I am not the first who said this/thus, I heard it from
        Lisa Star.]

        http://personals.yahoo.com