proper translation?

  • voicesoutofnowhere
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:26 AM
      Hello,

      This is my first posting for this group. I hope it is okay to ask
      this; I am not sure if this site is intended for people who are
      beginners like me.
      I read the FAQ and - hoping that I am being "polite" - wanted to ask
      if my translation was okay considering I first learn about elvish
      from Ruth Noel's book (just at the FAQ said not to).

      Well, here is my question. You probably have some page with popular
      translations, but I haven't found it.

      Would someone please check my translation of the riddle of strider:

      Ilye malté ú-mirar,
      ú-ilye mani ranar nar vanwa;
      i enwinar turce ú-pica,
      bali sundari ú-nar hirena ringwenen.
      *Lysillor nár núva cuitena,
      cal huinëllo vingwa;
      envinyanta núva maica rácina,
      í ar-rië enuva aran.

      Also, is this how I would write/ask something like this? Do i
      punctuate like this?

      Thanks,

      Ryan.

      P.S. I am having trouble changing my email address for my account so
      if we are sending emails, would you please respond to 'RF-
      Sotelo@...'. If the response is just posted, I will check in
      everyonce in a will. Thanks and sorry if I have not posted properly.