Re: Core Heru Million

  • Lola Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2001
      --- In quenya@y..., SKC8563@h... wrote:

      > "Quenya thesaurus"? Yes, I know of "Quenya Botany" and "Taste of
      > Elvish" in Ardalambion...

      Well, there's Parma Eldalamberon No. 12, Qenyaqetsa, but most
      unfortunately it is out of stock.

      For Quenya, the mature version, I'm not aware of such a lexicon,
      although there are several lists floating around on the web, some
      better than others. I'm currently studying these intermittedly . . .

      Lola
    • Ryszard Derdzinski
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2001
        Aiya, Nildonyar!

        Earrame wrote:

        > And why 4Gwaith-i-Phethdain shows us -lle, not
        > -lye? (in the sentence "merin sa harya[lle] alasse!")

        In my opinion 2nd pers. has many different endings in Quenya (see my article
        on Elvish pronouns at Gwaith-i-Phethdain):

        sg

        reverential _-lye_, _-l_ (< CE *_-lje_, *_-l_)
        familiar _-tye_, _-t_ (< CE *_-kje_, *_-k_)

        pl

        reverential _-lle_ (< *_-lle_)
        familiar _-cce_ (< *_kke_)

        The ending _-lle_ is attested in early versions of Namárie (see the HoMe).

        > 4 What would be "Gwaith-i-Phethdain" in Quenya?

        Maybe _Heren Quettanon_? [*_quettano_ < _quetta_ + _tano_)

        Namárie,

        Ryszard Derdzinski
        (Alyanorno)

        maggot@... or galadhorn@...

        "Gwaith-i-Phethdain" http://www.elvish.org/gwaith
        "Polish Tolkien Society" http://www.parmadili.w.pl
        "Silesian Homeland" http://www.kki.net.pl/~derdzinscy

        "Pent Fangorn Onod: Thinna i ardhon: han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chef,
        han noston ne gwilith." - 'Said Fangorn the Ent: The world is changing: I
        feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air'.

        John Ronald Reuel Tolkien "Many Partings" in "The Return of the King"

      • Anthony Appleyard
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26 3:21 AM
          --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, SKC8563@h... wrote:
          > Does Appleyard have a Quenya name? How about his essay "Quenya
          > Grammar Reexamined"? Does EJK have his Elvish name? ...

          I have just joined this group. I have always called myself Appleyard in
          Tolkien-related groups. (In an email group about the Nahuatl (= Aztec)
          language I have sometimes signed myself off Citlalyani = Star-traveller
          because I have written space stories.)

          In this group, when writing in Quenya, what is the usual way of
          writing "if"?, e.g.:-
          - If I go to town, I will buy some bread. (ordinary condition)
          - If I had known that there were mice about, I would have brought my
          cat. (unreal condition).