New to Quenya - I'm sorry for English

  • robert@uas.cc
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2004
      Hello everyone! I know I'm supposed to be typing in Quenya, but I'm
      too new and I don't know much of it yet. I downloaded the various
      guides and dictionaries, so I hope to learn it soon :). I am SO glad
      to see a community here set up for the purpose of learning this
      beautiful language! I hope to meet a study buddy to help learn this
      from, such as sending wavs of each other so we can exchange
      pronunciation techniques.

      Meneg suilaid, mellyn!
    • Cherie Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2004
        Tenc� (wrote) robert@...:

        "Hello everyone! I know I'm supposed to be typing in Quenya, but I'm too new
        and I don't know much of it yet. I downloaded the various guides and
        dictionaries, so I hope to learn it soon :). I am SO glad to see a community
        here set up for the purpose of learning this beautiful language! I hope to
        meet a study buddy to help learn this from, such as sending wavs of each
        other so we can exchange pronunciation techniques."

        Meneg suilaid, mellyn!

        ------
        Aiya, meldo!

        I have studied Quenya for awhile, but I also am new to this board. Feel free
        to join the conversation between Tyelpeanga and I, both new. Neither of us
        are fluent (yet!) so our messages aren't too difficult to translate, and we
        add notes to help each other decipher something particularly tricky. A word
        of warning, however: there isn't much activity in this group, as you can
        tell by the dearth of your responses to this post = (. If you want to talk
        about Elvish with a more numerous and active group, I suggest joining the
        Elfling (not as kiddish as it sounds; the name is short for "Elvish
        Linguistics List") Mailing List in addition to this one. Tyelpeanga and I
        are members of Elfling also.

        M�ra mesta (good bye),

        Melim� Hwarinn�va

        P. S.: The idea about .wav files is a good one, but I'm afraid I'm not
        extremely computer literate in that area. I don't know if I could pull it
        off (right, at least!).

        Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
        (Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/
      • kcdubois
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2004
          Aiya Ilyë-
          Quenya is a fabulous language. I have found a site where they have many wavs
          archived and the group is presently working on a Quenya CD. Nice people,very
          knowledgable. http://www.middle-earth.ws/
          Hope this is helpful.
          Rayariël