vinya yoquetien!

  • SKC8563@hitel.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001

      vinya yoquetien!

      aiya! naan vinya sina 1yoquetien.
      essenya naa Seo Sanghyeon. naan 2Corea.

      sii hiiran quettar ho Quettaparma Quenyanna.
      ma naas voronda? ma istalye 3malda quettaparma?

      epesse, eldarinwa essenya naa Earraame.
      melin i ear, raamar, ar ciryar! ma nas faarea
      4tyarwe essecilmeon? nas ata maara laamatyaavenyan.

      neen Eldaquetesse ar hirne sina yoquetie
      noo uulimbe reer. sii naan anwave alassea!

      Aldan:

      inye 4larta cenie linwenyo(Firinnor) ELM-esse.
      ma lartuvan tenna Ambar-metta? ^^
      (ve tencen mi Nainie Lambengolmoin...)

      1 "yoquetie" naa vinyacaarienya. ma naas maara?
      2 carnen quetta "Corea" ve {adjective} "Core"on.
      "Core" naa Korea. naan 5naira, nan uumin pole
      hire quetta {adjective}...
      3 cenin sina quetta sinome minya. mallo nas?
      4 hoo Parma Penyane Quettaron.
      5 Alda nyarne nin quetta "naira" mi Eldaquete #5244.

      elya Earraamello.

      New to the list!

      Hello! I am new to this 1list.
      My name is Seo Sanghyeon. I am 2Korean.

      Now I am finding words from Quettaparma Quenyanna.
      Is it reliable? Do you know 3better wordlist?

      Nickname, my Elvish name is Earraame.
      I like the sea, wings, and ships! Isn't it enough
      4reason of name-choosing? It is also nice to my sound-taste.

      I was in Elfling and found this list
      before not-many days. Now I am really happy!

      To Ales Bican:

      I 4wait to see my poem(Firinnor) at ELM.
      Should I wait until the end of the world? ^^
      (as I wrote in Lament for Loremasters of Tounges...)

      1 "yoquetie" is my coining. Is it fit?
      2 I made word "Corea" as adjective of "Core".
      "Core" is Korea. I am sorry, but I couldn't
      find word "adjective"...
      3 I see this word here first. Where is it from?
      4 From Parma Penyane Quettaron.
      5 Ales Bican told me word "naira" in Elfling #5244.

      From your Earraame.

    • SKC8563@hitel.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001
        tencen: [I wrote:]

        > Aldan:
        > inye 4larta cenie linwenyo(Firinnor) ELM-esse.
        > ma lartuvan tenna Ambar-metta? ^^

        neen raica! sii polin cene linwenya nastemenelyasse.
        [I was wrong! Now I can see my poem at your website.]

        elya Earraamello
      • Ales Bican
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2001
          Earraame tence:

          > vinya yoquetien!
          >
          > aiya! naan vinya sina 1yoquetien.
          > essenya naa Seo Sanghyeon. naan 2Corea.

          **Aiya Earraame! Vanya cenie vinya Quenya-queto sinome imbe me.
          [Hi Earraame! Nice to see a new Quenya-speaker here among us.]
          [*_queto_ "speaker", actually _quende_ would be "speaker", but we
          are not elves.]

          > sii hiiran quettar ho Quettaparma Quenyanna.
          > ma naas voronda? ma istalye 3malda quettaparma?

          **Laa, umin ista malda quettaparma. Ainon ontane ta, naas
          maara tengwe voronweo.
          [No, I do not know better wordlist. Helge created it, that is
          a good mark of reliability.]

          > epesse, eldarinwa essenya naa Earraame.
          > melin i ear, raamar, ar ciryar! ma nas faarea
          > 4tyarwe essecilmeon? nas ata maara laamatyaavenyan.

          **Maara len.
          [Good for you.]

          > neen Eldaquetesse ar hirne sina yoquetie
          > noo uulimbe reer. sii naan anwave alassea!

          **Maybe better and more elegant way would be _reeli yaa_
          "some days ago", hm?

          > Aldan:
          >
          > inye 4larta cenie linwenyo(Firinnor) ELM-esse.
          > ma lartuvan tenna Ambar-metta? ^^
          > (ve tencen mi Nainie Lambengolmoin...)

          **Nees tanome. Polilye yuhta _alalme_ ve Quenya esse yando.
          [It is there. You can use _alalme_ (sc. "elm-tree") ve the Quenya
          name.] [*_yuhta_ "use"]
          I applogize it took so long. But the site is not mine, it belongs to a
          friend of mine, and I do not have a direct access to it (I have never
          asked for it, I would get it, but I have no need of it), so every time
          I want to add something there, I must send it to my friend and he will
          upload it. And he was not at home for some time and then I was not
          at home for some time. But it is there, so everyone can look there.
          http://www.inf.upol.cz/~mullerr/theresa/
          I admit I could have chosen a better way, I could have chosen my
          own place for my website, but I do not like popping up windows
          and ads.

          > 1 "yoquetie" naa vinyacaarienya. ma naas maara?

          **Might be. Btw, _vinyacaarie_ should probably be rather _vinyacarie_.
          Note _enyalien_, not **_enyaalien_.

          > 2 carnen quetta "Corea" ve {adjective} "Core"on.
          > "Core" naa Korea. naan 5naira, nan uumin pole
          > hire quetta {adjective}...

          **I would like more _Corea_ for _Korea_, but as you like. : )

          > 3 cenin sina quetta sinome minya. mallo nas?

          **I will lower to using English... *smile* Some time ago Lisa Star
          published a new issue of her journal Tyalie Tyelellieeva. In this
          issue, she brought an article on comparatives in Quenya. The material
          she used for this article was called CB Grammar. Briefly: the
          comparative is formed from the positive by adding _-lda_, the
          superlative from the comparative by adding _-n_ (or from the positive
          by adding _-ldan_, which is the same). So
          _malina_ "yellow"
          *_malinalda_ "more yellow"
          *_malinaldan_ "most yellow"
          (These examples are just examples based on the information provided.)
          As for _malda_ "better", this is probably an 'irregular' form,
          and it is found in the phrase _malda la muntar_ "better than
          nothing".
          You might have heard about this matter on Elfling recently. It
          was Candon McLean who brought more light on the CB Grammar. It is
          implying from his words that the reliability of the Grammar is
          *very* questionable. We cannot be sure whether it is really as
          Tolkien meant it, so everything from the CB Grammar may be wrong.
          So the word _malda_ may be nonsense and cannot be relied on. On the
          other hand, we have not been provided with any better word for
          "better".

          > 2 I made word "Corea" as adjective of "Core".
          > "Core" is Korea. I am sorry, but I couldn't
          > find word "adjective"...

          **There is none as far as I am aware.

          Alda

          --
          **I want love or death, that's it. (Mathilda, _Léon: Version Intégrale_)