Sorry for a mistake!

  • Ryszard Derdzinski
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2000
      In my recent message I wrote in Quenya:

      Si méralyë [...]
      'If you want [...]

      It is of course a mistake. In place of _si_ there should be Quenya
      hypothetical _*ai_ 'if' [from Quenya _aiquen_ "if anybody, whoever"
      (WJ:372)] and all sentence:

      Ai méralyë, pólalyë tulë ar cenda vinya lairë Quenyanen Lukas Novako mi
      'Gwaith-i-Pheddain: http://go.to/galadhorn

      'If you want, you can come and see new Quenya poem of Lukas Novak at
      "Gwaith-i-Pheddain": http://go.to/galadhorn

      The _si_ comes from Spanish, and of course shouldn't be there. Sorry!

      Yours,

      Ryszard Derdzinski
      (Galadhorn)

      maggot@... or galadhorn@...
      http://www.kki.net.pl/~galadorn/language.htm

      Richard = GALADHORN < gala- 'prosperous, rich, blessed' (LR 357) + dorn
      'stiff, tough, *hard' (WJ 413)