Re: [quenya] My First Post

  • Celene Estelle
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 22, 2003
      hi!
      of course, i am using the ardalambion course, it's sad u can't access it, though i can't understand what that has to do with ur connection
      if i manage to print some of it, i might send it to u (cash on delivery?)
      but i have another idea
      what about sending it in parts by email, or maybe some summaries of the lessons?
      i think it won't be very hard....
      btw, can u use ICQ file transfer?
      as for this:
      'Celene, could you do up an elvish translation of the
      phrase I wrote and use the ALT codes for the accents."
      i'd be glad to help, but can u plz explain what am i exactly supposed to do?
      sum up my own suggestions and write the phrase with proper accents?
      ok, i can do it but why not first try to get some more expert help through elfling?
      (wait, i think i can find an "expert" to help;)))
      so,
      waiting for reply
      Celene

      Shawn Evans <digital_shaolin@...> wrote:
      Aiya Celene;

      What resource are you using for that reference? Looks
      cool and helpful.

      Due to the fact that I have access to the net only
      through a simple terminal, I cannot download files.
      This makes it impossible for me to access the Quenya
      Course.

      I would love to have someone print it and mail it to
      me, but I'm not sure how much that would cost. even if
      they did it as it is on the site with about 5 lessons
      at a time.

    • briyo2289
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 22, 2003
        Hey
        Just a thought about getting you those quenya lessons. I
        downloaded all 20 of those Ardalambion lessons and a couple of other
        things and fit them all onto 3 floppy discs. Why dont you have
        someone download them for you onto 3 floppies and THEN mail it to
        you. It'll be a hell of a lot cheaper and way easier for the person
        downloading.
        It's just a thought though.

        -Arapoldo
        Vote GWB!
      • Shawn Evans
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 24, 2003
          Greets!

          --- briyo2289 <briyo2289@...> wrote:
          "Hey
          Just a thought about getting you those quenya lessons.
          I downloaded all 20 of those Ardalambion lessons and
          a couple of other things and fit them all onto 3
          floppy discs. Why dont you have someone download them
          for you onto 3 floppies and THEN mail it to you.
          It'll be a hell of a lot cheaper and way easier for
          the person downloading."

          An excellent idea. However, since I have no computer
          at the moment, (I blew out my power supply &
          Motherboard) I am accessing through a terminal. All I
          have for hardware on this thing is a screen, key board
          and an on/off switch... that's it besides the modem.

          So that won't help much either. I'm trying to find
          someone here in town that I can buy some paper and ink
          for to have them print the course for me.

          I was hoping that maybe someone had a copy printed
          that I could purchase from them for the cost of paper,
          ink, and shipping. But perhaps I can find someone
          local instead.

          Thanks for the suggestion though!

          =====
          Shawn F. Evans (Founding Member)