question

  • Mórináro
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
      how could you combine "er" lonely, single, "vanwa" lost, and "rána??" wonderer, into some kind of name
      Namárië! Nai Anar cálë tielyanna!
      -- Mórináro
    • Nilde
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
        Hello Mórináro,

        Friday, December 5, 2003, 5:18:00 AM, you wrote:

        M> how could you combine "er" lonely, single, "vanwa" lost, and "rána??" wonderer, into some kind of name
        M> Namárië! Nai Anar cálë tielyanna!
        M> -- Mórináro

        Errano, Errandir. To combine this whis "wanwa" is quite difficult.

        --
        Best regards,
        Nilde mailto:nilde@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
          thank you :), that was the conclusion i came to, couldn't think of how to
          add that in, so i'll just stick with Errano

        • Karone4824@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2005
            Súilië,
            i'm new and i was wonderin how you'd make a last name for yourself. right now i use Karone Evertree, which is totally made up and has nothing to do w/ elvish, except it sort of sounds elvish(everTREE). i know my real elvish first name is Melda(Amanda-beloved). would i use another version of this for my 'last name' like Greenleaf=Legolas? or maybe an elvish name for where i'm from? Hantalyë for any help:)
            you guys are awsome, you know so much elvish and can write in it..i'm in awe:):) i find it hard to write in elvish even if i know the words b/c my computer doesn't like to make the accents. i have to copy and paste from my dictionary.
            Namárië,
            Karone Evertree(for now)

          • chance
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 9, 2005
              It is a surname or a title. You just need to take ever and tree, and translate it, and stick them together.

              for your example:  oi, voro, vor means ever; and alda means tree.

              I would use Voralda, so Melda Voralda

            • delalyra722@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 9, 2005
                I made up My quenya names, both of them. Aldawen Lassiel, Treemaiden Leafdaughter. Actually Treemaiden is a play on my first name.

                ~~Delalyra