word?

  • Mórináro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2003
      how exactly, do you say "too" in quenya?
      or, "also" "as well", thats the idea i'm trying to get across. for instance, melinyel means i love you, but what would you use for "i love you too"?
      or in any other context where english would use too/also/as well
      thanks
      Namárië! Nai Anar cálë tielyanna!
      -- Mórináro
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
        --- M�rin�ro <morinaro@...> wrote:
        > how exactly, do you say "too" in quenya?
        > or, "also" "as well", thats the idea i'm trying to
        > get across. for instance, melinyel means i love you,
        > but what would you use for "i love you too"?
        > or in any other context where english would use
        > too/also/as well
        > thanks
        > Nam�ri�! Nai Anar c�l� tielyanna!
        > -- M�rin�ro

        There is an eraly Qenya word _yando_ "also, as well",
        you might use that.

        Bye,

        =====
        Thomas Ferencz

        "S�ve or, tambe n�n."

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • faer_edhel24816
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2003
          --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "Mórináro" <morinaro@d...> wrote:
          > how exactly, do you say "too" in quenya?
          > or, "also" "as well", thats the idea i'm trying to get across. for
          instance, melinyel means i love you, but what would you use for "i
          love you too"?
          > or in any other context where english would use too/also/as well
          > thanks
          > Namárië! Nai Anar cálë tielyanna!
          > -- Mórináro

          Navaer Morinaro

          The adverb "too" is the same as "also" as far as I am aware. "Also"
          in Quenya is yando.

          also: yando (adverb)

          altogether: aqua (adverb) literally: fully, completely, wholly

          always: illumë (adverb)

          Estel sina indo na` mara`

          Cen i lambe` tie` or The Council of Elrond

          Namarie`
        • faer_edhel24816
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 21, 2003
            --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "faer_edhel24816"
            <faer_edhel24816@y...> wrote:
            > --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "Mórináro" <morinaro@d...> wrote:
            > > how exactly, do you say "too" in quenya?
            > > or, "also" "as well", thats the idea i'm trying to get across. for
            > instance, melinyel means i love you, but what would you use for "i
            > love you too"?
            > > or in any other context where english would use too/also/as well
            > > thanks
            > > Namárië! Nai Anar cálë tielyanna!
            > > -- Mórináro
            >
            > Navaer Morinaro
            >
            > The adverb "too" is the same as "also" as far as I am aware. "Also"
            > in Quenya is yando.
            >
            > also: yando (adverb)
            >
            > altogether: aqua (adverb) literally: fully, completely, wholly
            >
            > always: illumë (adverb)
            >
            > Estel sina indo na` mara`
            >
            > Cen i lambe` tie` or The Council of Elrond
            >
            > Namarie`

            Hi Monriaro

            MAJOR ERROR

            I do apologise for the greeting "Navaer"(greeting not) please
            disregard. It is actually Sindarin for farewell lol. Comes from
            trying to learn two languages at once and relying too much on memory
            (which i shouldnt). Hope this doesnt inconvenience you too much.

            Namarie

            Faer-Edhel