books or websites about learning quenya

  • Manuel.Roth@web.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
      Hi!
      I want to learn Quenya and I searched for books aubout this topic,
      but i didn't find anything(except from The Lost Road and other
      writtings (5), but it's only a word list)
      Can anybody tell me a book or site aubout learning quenya and/or
      quenya grammar?
    • Angasule
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
        Manuel.Roth@... wrote:

        > Can anybody tell me a book or site aubout learning quenya and/or
        > quenya grammar?
        For a good start go to Ardalambion ( http://www.uib.no/people/hnohf ),
        remember to check the links there. Also, email Helge Fauskanger (he's a
        member of this list), the author of that page, and ask him for his
        excellent Quenya-English-Quenya dictionaries. There is also Elfling, an
        email list devoted to the study of Tolkienian linguistics, to which you
        can subscribe by sending a blank email to elfling-subscribe@egroups.com
        . If you prefer Spanish there are other places, too (email me privately
        about it, if you do).
        And of course, this list :)
        Angasule
      • Dima Leshchinskii
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
          --- In quenya@egroups.com, Manuel.Roth@w... wrote:
          > Hi!
          > Can anybody tell me a book or site aubout learning quenya and/or
          > quenya grammar?

          I would not want people to feel like I'm advertising my own site or
          anything, but you could have a look at
          http://members.spree.com/sip/eledonkweti/
          which has some language stuff and also links to other sites.
        • Manuel.Roth
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000

            Dima Leshchinskii wrote:

            >I would not want people to feel like I'm advertising my own site or
            >anything, but you could have a look at
            >http://members.spree.com/sip/eledonkweti/
            >which has some language stuff and also links to other sites.

            Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to look at these WebPages and
            ask Helge Fauskanger; but no, I'm not speaking Spanish.
            Thank you!

            Manuel Roth