Just a silly little thought...

  • Helge K. Fauskanger
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2000
      ....there's a new Shania Twain album called "The Woman In Me". It occurred
      to me that if you try to render this title into Quenya, you might end up
      with _I Nisse Nisse_. The first _nisse_ is a unitary noun "woman", whereas
      the second _nisse_ ("in me") is _ni_ "I, me" + the locative ending.

      In late sources, the word for "woman" is given as _nís_ rather than _nisse_
      (and even in the Etymologies there is _nis_ as an alternative to _nisse_).
      I think I would normally use _nís_ instead, precisely to avoid the
      ambiguous form.

      - Ainon