636Nephi 3 & 4

  • Daniel Myers
    Oct 3, 2002
      aiya!

      Okay, now that i've finished my homework I can do something useful ;)

      I've had these two verses for a while, so I figured I'd post them
      while I have time...

      verse three:
      And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with
      mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.

      Ar istan sa i quentasta ya carin naa anwa; ar carinyes maanyanen
      veera; ar carinyes nolmenyanainen.

      This translates pretty close:
      And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with
      my own hand; and I make it with my knowledge.

      here's verse four:
      For it came to pass in the commencement of the first year of the
      reign of Zedekiah, king of Judah, (my father, Lehi, having dwelt in
      Jerusalem in all his days); and in that same year there came many
      prophets, prophesying unto the people that they must repent, or the
      great city Jerusalem must be destroyed.

      An martanes i yessesse i coranaro minya i hereon Sedecaio, aran Yudo,
      (atarinya, Liihai, marne Yeruusalemesse ilya arerya); ar yana coranar
      tulne rimba meneldur, meneldura lienna sa uucaravartante [must], var
      i alta osto Yeruusaleme nauva [destroyed].

      Translates to:
      For it happened in the beginning of the first year of the governance
      of Zedekiah, king of Judah, (my father, Lehi, dwelt in Jerusalem all
      his days); and that year came many prophets, prophesying to the
      people that they [must] repent, or the great city Jerusalem will be
      [destroyed].

      These words were created/mishmashed:
      *_Sedecaio_ = Zedekiah - *_Sedecaia_ + genitive
      *_Yudo_ = Judah - *_Yuda_ + genetive
      *_Yeruusaleme[sse] = Jerusalem - *_Yeruusaleme_ [+ locative]
      *_meneldur_ = prophet - _menel_ 'heaven' + _-dur_ 'servant'
      *_meneldura-_ = prophesy... made from *_meneldur_...
      *_uucaravartante_ = repent - _uucare_ 'sin' + *_avarta-_ 'forsake'
      (PPQ) + _-nte_ 'they'

      oh, btw, what was the 'casual' good-bye in Quenya?

      Dan Myers
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic