      > >From: "tyelpeanga" <illuviteneron@h...>
      > >To: quenya@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [quenya] Re: Aiya, Ni vinya.
      > >Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:00:18 -0000
      > >
      > >Hantan Le,
      > >I have one question about these sentances: <<Ni yando ná vinya
      > >Quenyanna.>> The sentence translates "I am also is new to Quenya"?
      > >Quenya ná mára lá Sindarin, mal sina sanwenya. Does it mean: Quenya
      > >is better (I know lá means "no, not" but it doesn't make sence in
      > >this context) Sindarin, but this is my thought? Thanks in advance
      for
      > >your comments.
      > >
      > >-Erulastannen
      > >

      > --------------
      >
      > Aiya,
      >
      > "Ni yando ná vinya Quenyanna" was supposed to mean "I also am new
      > Quenya". "Ni" is the simple word for "I", not "I am" (which would
      be "nan",
      > I think) as far as I know. Sorry to be confusing. The other
      sentence makes
      > use of a handy phrase published posthumously: "A ná calima lá B",
      said to
      > mean "A is bright beyond B". Well, this is apparently a comparative
      phrase,
      > a real linguistic Swiss Army Knife. I merely substituted "mára"
      (useful,
      > good) in for "calima", and voilá! I wrote "Quenya is good beyond
      Sindarin".
      > I learned about this wonderful phrase from Helge Fauskanger's
      Quenya Course,
      > which I highly recommend downloading if you haven't already. It's
      the reason
      > I'm able to be a part of this group today.
      >
      > Anar caluva tielyanna!
      >
      > Melimë Hwarinnáva

      Hantan le atya lú,
      Ná, Quenya ná anwa mára(useful) lá Sindarin, er melmen Sindarin.
      Isístien Sindarin otso astar(Study instead of know?). Er, ëar(there
      are)pitya nóti quetto(a small number of words) Quettaparmassë
      Sindarino. Sí, istan (here I mean "I study instead of I know) Quenya.
      Ecéndien "I Tië Quenyanna" Helge Fauskangero.Ùmintyan(Vinya Quenya
      quetta "mintya-" to remember thus úmintyan "I did not remember")i
      quetta "lá".
      I quetta "Ni": Ósanwenyar nár sa "Ni" ná I am- "I Tië Quenyanna"
      quentes, ar Sindarinessë "Im" ná "Ni"; ar "Im" ná "I am". Yondo,
      ósanwenya né sa "nan" ná atya quetta "but".

      Please correct me if I made any mistakes(and I know I did).
      Thanks,
      -Erulastannen
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic