121Re: [quenya] elen siila luumenn' omentielmo!

  • Angasule
    Nov 3, 2000
      Well, first of all let me advice you to carry on this topic on
      Elfscript, a mailing list dedicated to Tolkien's scripts, to subscribe
      to it send a blank email to elfscript-subscribe@egroups.com and messages
      should go to elfscript@egroups.com . AFAIK this list is meant for Quenya
      texts, for general (and not-so-general) questions about Tolkien's
      language there's Elfling, too.

      > Here are all those curly tehtar I found using the "insert symbol" command
      > with Tengwar-Quenya font:
      >
      > ? ? ? S ?
      >
      > /--\ /--\ --\
      > ----/---/ ----/ / ----/ ----\ /
      > _/ --/ /
      > \_/
      >
      > Each one seems to have a counterpart for use with the upper-bowed tengwar as
      > well. Besides the "s-curl", I have no idea what any of them mean! Being the
      > kind of person who enjoys strange quirks, it would be great to find them
      > out.
      All those are s-curls, there's just more than one shape for it.

      > I also remember some other symbols that looked like modified tengwar. One is
      > harma with an extra curl coming from the stem, and the other suule with the
      > letter two instead of a bow:
      >
      > /----| |
      > / | |
      > | / | |/--\
      > /
      > /__
      No idea about these, they may not be tengwar at all (like 0157 and 0158
      ;) ).
      Angasule
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic