1150"_Navaer_" (was Re: could you give me some advice)

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Oct 21, 2003
      On Oct 21, 2003, at 10:02 PM, faer_edhel24816 wrote:

      > I am more than happy to be corrected but not in the manner you did.
      > It is very important (particularly to new people) to post correct
      > information.

      <snip>

      > Navaer(Sind) is farwell in Sindarin.

      <snip>

      > I resepectfully suggest that in future should you find such a thing
      > again, gently point out the error to the person concerned

      Then I'll gently point out that "Navaer" is in fact _not_ a Sindarin
      word. Strictly speaking, it is a secondary invention coined on
      far-from-certain phonological grounds as a cognate of the attested
      Quenya parting wish, _namárie_ 'farewell'.

      ho bios brachys, he de techne makre.
      Ars longa, vita brevis.