World AIDS Day

  • 'Waaseyaa Nimkii-bineshin Migizi-nini'
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006

      Welcome to Agokwa in Ojibwa

      Have yourself a Great Day

      See You...

      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 1

      "Sometimes dreams are wiser then waking."

      --Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa), OGLALA

      The Great Spirit has many ways of communicating with the human being. He talks to us through the five senses-sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch. For example, we can observe nature and see a lesson or get an answer. These five senses function primarily in the physical world. But we also have the ability to receive communication from the Unseen World. To do this we have a sixth sense. It comes in the form of dreams, imagination, intuition, inspiration or a hunch. Along with the dream or intuitive thought there is a feeling, a knowing. We just know it's true without the need for proof. We need to pay attention to our dreams and intuition. Don't cast them off as being silly or useless. Be respectful to our dreams and feelings.

      Creator, if you speak to me through dreams, let me know it in terms I can understand.

      World AIDS Day

      December 1st is recognized globally as WORLD AIDS Day¬Ö

      I would like to remember all people living with HIV/AIDS here on  Mother  Earth today and everyday of my life. I pray everyday for Peace on Earth and for all people, the Sick & the dying.  I would like to say that we are all People of this Earth we call our Mother please say a pray for Our Mother Earth for she needs our help.

      On this day I really stop and think about my own life: where life has taken me and the many places I have been. On this walk with HIV, living my life in a `positive way' with Creator has made it easier just to live and think one day at a time. Living a spiritual life is the best medicine I know in this day and age and in these modern times that are sometimes difficult.

      World AIDS Day also reminds me of the work we as activist have accomplished over the years, as well as the work left to do. I pray that I am able to continue my part in this fight.

      This month I would like to pray for the millions around the world and across Turtle Island who also walk in this journey anf affect by HIV/AIDS.

      In the Spirit of Peace and Unity,

      Waaseyaa Nimkii-bineshiin Migizi-nini

      Shining Thunderbird Eagleman