Salt water baths on Queen Mary

  • lady_maury
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2006
      Can you still take a salt water bath on the Queen Mary like you could
      when she was in service? And how many of the stateroom bathrooms have
      still got their original taps and shower fittings?

      Lucy
    • Bridget E
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2006
        Many rooms still have the origional taps, but unfortunately they don't function.
        The water comes through the regular taps and is unsalted. :(
        That would really have been nice, although drying to the skin, wouldn't it?

        Bridget :)

        lady_maury <lady_maury@...> wrote: Can you still take a salt water bath on the Queen Mary like you could
        when she was in service? And how many of the stateroom bathrooms have
        still got their original taps and shower fittings?

        Lucy

        Queen mary Ocean liner

        ---------------------------------

      • Tracy

          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2006
            --- In queenmary@yahoogroups.com, Tracy <sasi1_29@...> wrote:

            > no, you can't and I don't think you would want to. The water she
            sits in is very polluted.

            That's an understatement-- there's so much trash & debris floating
            around it's an eyesore and a blight on the ship IMO. It really
            wouldn't take much to keep it reasonably -or at least visually- clean
            and I don't understand why they don't.

            --

            Paul