Joly/Constantineau

  • realoyal <ruthgarner@rogers.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm a new member and happy to be accepted into the group!

      I'm looking for any information about Xavier Joly or Vitalin
      Constantineau who were born around 1875 and married and raised a
      large family in the Lachute/Calumet area. My mother was Cecile Joly
      and she married an Irish immigrant, William James McIntosh. They
      lived in Malartic where my dad worked in the gold mines. We
      moved to Ontario in 1943, just after I was born. I know that I have
      a lot of relatives in Quebec, so I'm hoping that someone knows
      something they can share with me.

      Ruth (McIntosh) Garner
    • Ruth Garner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
        Regards to all members:
        I’m a new member and don’t know too much about my ancestry. My Grandfather
        was Xavier Joly, and I think he grew up in the late 1870s around Hull,
        Quebec. He married Vitalin Constantineau, and they raised a large family
        around Calumet and Lachute. I’ve heard that Xavier had a brother named Jodre
        Joly who had a hotel in
        Lachute.

        Some of Xavier & Vitalin Joly’s children were:
        Rita
        Bertha
        Jeanette
        Anita
        Henry
        Chickley
        Cecile – Married William James McIntosh, an Irish immigrant and had 8
        children. I am one of them. I was born in Malartic Quebec where my dad was
        a gold miner.
        Carmele
        Denise

        My great-grandmother’s name was Ursule Polin. (possible spelling error)

        Please get in touch with me if any of this information coincides with yours.

        Any help will be so appreciated!
        Ruth (McIntosh) Garner