[quat] Re: hi all

  • Dirk Meyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 1999
      Hi!

      Quat allows to calculate "strange, three-dimensional objects". They're hard to
      describe (especially in English, which isn't my native tongue :-)
      Those objects got the name "quaternions" (because of the math that is
      involved), perhaps you already know them.

      To see some examples of the images generated with "Quat" and to download the
      program, you can visit my homepage:
      http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/phy11733/index_e.html

      All the fractal images in the galleries have been created with "Quat". But - I
      am no artist. If you want to see what artists can make out of Quat's objects,
      you could look through the mails of this group, Larry Berlin and Charles Lips
      sent great images to it.

      Larry Berlin also has a web-page showing images he created with the help of
      Quat:
      http://3dzine.simplenet.com/features/qgallery/quatgallery.html

      I think you'll like it!

      Yours, Dirk.

      --
      Email: dirk.meyer@...-stuttgart.de
      Fractal homepage: http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/phy11733
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 1999
        rakesh wrote:

        > hi people,
        > thought of sharing a bit of my work with u people. U people discuss on
        > "Quat" is it. I ve never used it. I would like to know more about it. I
        > work with fractals on openGL.
        >
        > my email id is rakesh@...
        >
        > bye
        > --------------------Rakesh------------------------
        > [Image]

        Hi Rakesh,

        It was good to see your picture. I love fractal trees.

        Quat is a fractal program that uses 4 dimensional Quaternions to create
        three dimensional images.

        Attached is one that I made recently, flaret.png.

        If you get Quat, you can render these things to any size
        you wish. They contain the fractal data.

        Enjoy,
        --
        Larry Berlin

        3D Webscapes