Re: [Quadraphonic Quad] Question about Quad LPs

  • John Dunkerley
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 5 12:28 PM
      I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

      Dan Olson <dano@...> wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
      media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
      quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

      Dan

      On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

      > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
      >
      > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
      >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
      >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
      >> gem, there is a high reward.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dave Nightingale
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 5 1:48 PM
        John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

        John Dunkerley <nascarsux02@...> wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

        Dan Olson <dano@...> wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
        media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
        quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

        Dan

        On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

        > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
        >
        > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
        >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
        >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
        >> gem, there is a high reward.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John Dunkerley
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 6 12:45 PM
          Guys,

          off the top of my head, these are the DTS discs I have:

          America - Holiday (CD4LP)
          Argent - In Deep (SQ LP)
          Average White band - AWG (CD4)
          Aerosmith - Toys In the Attic (SQ)
          Joan Baez - greatest hits (CD4)
          Beach Boys - Surf's Up
          Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Q8)
          Blood Sweat tears - S/T (SQ)
          BST- Greatest Hits (SQ)
          Bloomfield Kooper Stills - Supersession (SQ)
          Chicago - Transit Authority, II, III, V, VI, IX, X (All SQ)
          Judy Collins - Colours Of The Day (CD4)
          Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (CD4)
          Doors - best Of (QR)
          Doobie bros. - Stampede, Captain & Me (Both CD4)
          Bob Dylan - Desire, Nashville Skyline (Both SQ, also have both from Q8), Planet Waves (CD4)
          Jose Feliciano - Compartments (CD4)
          Aretha Franklin - Best Of (Q8)
          Guess Who - #10 (CD4)
          Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (Cd4)
          Jethro Tull - Aqualung, War Child (Q8s)
          Billy Joel - Piano Man, Streetlife Serenade, Turnstiles (All SQ)
          Janis Joplin - Pearl (SQ)
          Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown, Cold On The Shoulder (CD4s)
          Loggins & Messina - S/T (SQ)
          Bette Midler - The Divine Miss M (CD4)
          new Riders - Panama Red (SQ)
          Nilssohn - Nilssohn Scmilsson (CD4 and Q8)
          Pink Floyd - Dark Side, Animals, Wish You Were Here (Both SQ and Q8s)
          Elvis - From Elvis In Memphis (Q8)
          Raiders - Indian Reservation (SQ)
          Charlie Rich - Behind Closed Doors (SQ)
          Santana - Abraxas, Santana (Q8s), III (SQ), Lotus (SQ)
          Seals And Crofts - Diamond Girl (CD4, 1st song carrier bad)
          Carly Simon - S/T, Playing Possum, No Secrets (All Cd4)
          Simon & garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Q8)
          Sly & Fam Stone - Gr8 Hits (SQ)
          Steely Dan - Countdown To Eecstasy, Pretzel Logic (Q8s), Can't Buy A Thrill (QS)
          Cat Stevens - Buddha And The Chocolate Box (Q8)
          Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were, Stoney End (Both SQ)
          Temptations - all directions (QR)
          Intro To Quad Sound Sampler (SQ)
          Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink (QS)
          Edgar Winter - They Only Come Out At Night (SQ)
          Johnny Winter - Still Alive & Well (SQ)
          Frank Zappa - Obernite Sensation, Apostraphe (Both Q8s)
          ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (Q8)

          DTS Quad Wants:
          Aerosmith - Get Your Wings, Rocks
          Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach, Fillmore
          America - hearts
          Jeff Beck - Any ( any of the 4 or 5)
          BST - III, Mirror Image, new City
          Blue oyster Cult - Tyranny, Secret Treaties
          Bread - Either one, hits or Baby
          Byrds - byrdmaniax (SQ japanese)**
          Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us
          Carpenters - Any one but hits
          Chase - Any of the 2 or 3
          Chicago - VII, VII, any format (SQ or Q8)**
          Alice Cooper - Muscle Of Love (any format)**
          Deep Purple (Any)
          Burton Cummings - S/T
          Mac Davis - Any
          Jim Neighbors - help Me Make It
          Neil Diamond - Serenade, beautiful Noise
          Rick Derringer - All American Boy
          EWF - Any of them
          Jose Feliciano - Feliciano
          Four Tops - Any
          Art garfunkel - Angel Clare, breakaway**
          Marvin gaye - any Japanese LP issue
          Guess Who - Any
          J geils - nightmares
          Janis Ian - Any
          Billy Joel - Any copied form Q8
          Quincy jones - You've Got it bad
          Carole King - Any, Any format
          Kraftwerk - Autobahn
          John Lennon - Any
          Ringo Starr - Goodnight Vienna
          Wings/Paul McCartey - any (Band on run, live let die, venus & mars)
          Loggins/messina - Full Sail, native Sons
          Barry Manilow - any
          Santana - Welcome, Live, Festival, borboletta, Caravanaserai, Love surrender devotion**
          MCLaughlin/Mahavishnu - Any
          Dave Mason - Either One
          Herbie Hancock - Any
          Johnny Mathis - Any, especially You've Got A Friend
          Steve Miller - Joker
          Joni Mitchell - either album
          Moody Blues - Any
          Mountain - Any **
          Mike Nesmith, Magentic South, Loose Salute **
          Nilsson - Pussy Cats
          Ted Nugent - Free For All
          Tony Orlando - hits
          Ray Stevens - Any
          Cat Stevens - Any, Esp 'Hits'
          Pink Floyd - Atom heart Mother (any format)
          Elvis - Any One but 'memphis'
          Raiders - indian Reservation (Q8 only, I have SQ LP)**
          Reo Speedwagon - Either One
          Redbone - Message From A Drum
          Jerry Reed - Any Q8 transfer
          Rufus - Any
          Seals & Crofts - Any
          Paul Simon - Any
          Carly Simon - Hotcakes, Hits
          FFrank Sinatra - Either, or any one
          Spinners - Any
          Barb Streisand - S/T, Funny Girl
          James taylor - One Man Dog, Gorilla
          Rick Wakeman - Any
          James gang - Miami
          War - Any
          Edgar or Johnny Winter - Any title on Q8

          I also have stereo Lps I have converted to DTS 5.1

          McCartney - Ram, McCartney I, Back To The Egg
          Beach boys - Pet Sounds (Used Box set tracks)
          Yes - Drama
          David byrne/eno - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts
          Beatles - Rubber Soul, Revolver, Anthology random songs
          And others...ask about any stereo title...I can covert it!

          Well, there ya go.
          Q8- Quad 8 track, SQ, CD4, QS - LP conversions
          **= Highest on my wants
          Dave Nightingale <dnght734@...> wrote:
          John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

          John Dunkerley <nascarsux02@...> wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

          Dan Olson <dano@...> wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
          media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
          quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

          Dan

          On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

          > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
          >
          > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
          >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
          >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
          >> gem, there is a high reward.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Dunkerley
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 6 12:47 PM
            Guys,

            Any of these grab ya and u wanna trade email me! I can convert your stereo or quad stuff to dts if you arent able, and for free if it's a title i dont have (on dts converted, any format QR,Q8,LP)...

          • David H. Sandlin
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 7 1:53 PM
              Where is good resource on the net to learn about how to & what equipment is required to make these DTS conversions? Is the hi-fidelity of the recording compromised in the process?

              DS

              Dave Nightingale wrote:
              John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

              John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

              Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
              media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
              quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

              Dan

              On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

              > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
              >
              > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
              >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
              >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
              >> gem, there is a high reward.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • David H. Sandlin
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 7 2:00 PM
                Are these made on CDs or DVDs or can it be done with both? If DVD is it DVD-A only?

                DS

                Dave Nightingale wrote:
                John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

                John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

                Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
                media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
                quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

                Dan

                On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

                > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
                >
                > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
                >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
                >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
                >> gem, there is a high reward.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • John Dunkerley
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 16 10:52 AM
                  DS,

                  Done with CDS, although you could archive a bunch on one DVD, but still DTS encoded.
                  John

                  Dave Nightingale wrote:
                  John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

                  John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

                  Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
                  media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
                  quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

                  Dan

                  On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

                  > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
                  >
                  > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
                  >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
                  >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
                  >> gem, there is a high reward.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • John Dunkerley
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 16 10:54 AM
                    DS,

                    www.quadraphonicquad has everything surround you need to know. I am on there as bliss_band.

                    Dave Nightingale wrote:
                    John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

                    John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

                    Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
                    media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
                    quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

                    Dan

                    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

                    > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
                    >
                    > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
                    >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
                    >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
                    >> gem, there is a high reward.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • John Dunkerley
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 16 10:54 AM
                      DS,

                      www.quadraphonicquad.com has everything surround you need to know. I am on there as bliss_band.

                      Dave Nightingale wrote:
                      John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

                      John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

                      Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
                      media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
                      quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

                      Dan

                      On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

                      > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
                      >
                      > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
                      >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
                      >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
                      >> gem, there is a high reward.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • David H. Sandlin
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 16 11:27 AM
                        Is there an FAQ?

                        Dave Nightingale wrote:
                        John, I don't have any quad material to trade, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get good DTS copies of quad releases. I'm looking into getting several items, notably the Santana and Moody Blues releases. What do you have? Or anybody else, what do you have in rock quad releases?

                        John Dunkerley wrote: I transfer all my quad stuff (Q8s, LPS) to DTS. The only way to go! Anyone wanna trade, email me!

                        Dan Olson wrote: I'd phrase it a little differently, if you want to transfer to digital
                        media, go with DTS (or DVD-A is an option now too). I personally love
                        quad reel transfers too, and would love to have a Q8 recorder some day! :)

                        Dan

                        On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Pablo Roufogalis L. wrote:

                        > If you are not a vinyl/vintage freak, I suggest you stick to DTS transfers.
                        >
                        > At 12:51 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
                        >> Also try www.ebay.com when you are ready to dive in to Quad gear,
                        >> records, tapes, etc. There is a high demand, but when you find that
                        >> gem, there is a high reward.
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • John Dunkerley