To members in the DC area ....(from BILL)

  • Bill Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2010
      Gentlemen,

      A distinguished attorney (yeah, I'm kidding but actually he is!)..Blue Blood, in the fortyish age-group, by name CYRIL SMITH, just sent the e-mail posted below to one of our QRC e-mail listings (the '79 to '84' group)...I'm just doing my usual 'networking' ...
      Do get in touch and welcome him...he's among my favourite past students, bright and a total social animal!! (Watch out for his sharp verbal wit though!!! :-) ;-)

      Bluebloods:

      I am looking for the names and contact info for bluebloods in the D.C. area.  As of October 1st, I will be spending considerable time there on a case, so I am looking for a crew to vibes with when ah have any free time. I will be staying for several weeks, with trips back and forth to FL whenever possible. Very tough, but it is how it goes out here. I know Kwesi is there, but doh have his contact info. Anyone else in the area? Nico, how far are you from the Georgetown area? I understand that my accomodation is at the Marriott Execustay on 425 8th Street, N.W. Allyuh vibes meh nah. Thanks.

      Cyril

      561-315-1244

      Wish I were there to participate in the limes that will ensue!!!...

      BILL

    • Kwesi Ames
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2010
        Bill,

        Thanks for forwarding. It was much appreciated.

        Cyril, I left you a voice mail this morning on your number below. Link me when you can.

        --Kwesi

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2010
          The Queen's Royal College Old Boy's Association celebrates its own 76th Anniversary and the 151st Anniversary Celebration of Queen's Collegiate School at its annual dinner on Saturday 13th November, 2010.

          Cocktails begin at 6:30PM at the Queen's Royal College Main Block and Dinner will be served at 7:30PM on the Courtyard so please be on time.

          There will be a silent auction of QRC artwork and memorabilia plus other fund raising activities.

          Take this rare opportunity to see the newly refurbished Hall and also to sign up for Life Membership (only costs TTD$300) with the Old Boy's Association (Application Forms will be available).

          Dress code is formal or a lounge suit and only QRC Alumni (male or female) are allowed to attend.

          Secured Parking is available outside the College.

          Remember to retain your ticket stub which must be presented to get your Dinner Plate.

          Your all-inclusive Dinner ticket which costs TTD$300.00 will soon be available from the Queen's Royal College Main Office at 622-1671 and from OBA Members including Aaron Doyle 681-7879 BBM PIN 21315E20 email doylus9@... or facebook message Aaron Doyle.

          Check out the facebook event at:-
          http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152038074548

          Aaron Doyle QRC 1994-2001
          Communications Officer
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2010
            Nah lol usually it would be done by placing the bid on a piece of paper that is submitted and at the pre determined end of the auction the highest listed bid is accepted.
            It helps with maintaining order and allowing for a more gentlemanly approach to raising the funds.
            If you have ever been to a dinner you would understand the need for all this before the picong starts with the speeches.
            All the specific details have not been solidified as yet but they will be prior to and on the night.
            Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device available from bmobile.

            Aaron, explain a silent auction for me please. Allyuh using sign language or wha'?  If I shout out meh bid, dey go kick meh out?

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21, 2010
              I will be there! Please contact me when tickets become available.
              Daniel Fuller
              '73-'78

              Danny

              B-Mobile: 1-868-689-3658