Fw: [New post at Keith in Trinidad...] Animae Caribe 2006: The Animation, Film & New Media Festival

  • Keith Francis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Animae Caribe 2006: Animation, Film & New Media

      I was up at UWI yesterday on my way to class, and happened upon a bunch of students on my way across the JFK Quadrangle. They were spread out all over the ground, and seemed to be drawing on the Quad in chalk. By the time I got back from my class an hour later, a number of the concrete slabs had been transformed to some really nice pieces of artwork.

      A few questions later, I found that the afternoon's activity was a promotional effort put on by students of the Creative Arts Centre for the 2006 Animae Caribe Caribbean Animation and New Media Festival. The festival runs from October 5th to 7th, 2006, and is to be held at the University of the West Indies' St. Augustine Campus. Full information on the festival, and on Animae Caribe in general, can be found at http://www.animaecaribe.com .

      As usual, visit http://keithintrinidad.blogspot.com/2006/10/animae-caribe.html to read more, and to see more shots of the work that the students did.

      Also, make sure to support our aspiring young animators, producers and directors by attending the festival.  Screenings are held on all three days from noon through 4:00pm.

      Keith
      --
      "After all is said and done, more is said than done." - Aesop
      http://keithintrinidad.blogspot.com