Very disappointing news...

  • Bill Carter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006
      Hi people,

      The Ministry has taken the responsibility for sharing the info with the media but I thought I'd let our groups know myself.

      In spite of my frantic efforts since July, various projects have not been attended to. The short version of the story is we are NOT OPENING on Monday (for the students.. staff have to come) ..hopefully Wednesday... given the track record, next Monday but we'll see... essentially, my Science staff has nowhere to work from and it's not just the Science .. there are at least two other members of staff who have not been able to be accomodated in the Staff room.

      I was told that when I expressed myself on Friday to the assembled team of those responsible (which was finally convened) one of my seniors in years said afterwards he hadn't been chastized by a Principal for many years. As I asked them at one point "what else could I have done to have avoided this?".. I had written warning them since school closed and at the beginning of August I predicted in writing that we would not be able to open..

      People, I have really had enough of trying to make the systems function. I shall continue to do everything I can for as long as I am here but as I have said, it won't be too much longer. (I predict before this academic year ends...)...

      All of you for the good of the College, continue to put whatever pressure you can on those in the corridors of power.

      BILL