I heard a terrible rumour...

  • RealPatchwork
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 17, 2004
      ...that a small contingent of stalwarts from last years' North Zone
      Intercol championship team has been training with "the Other School",
      with the intention of enrolling in September. I suspect that it's
      true, because it was barbershop talk. But, somebody say it ain't so!
    • Leon Chandler
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 17, 2004
        Keith,

        I hat to break the bad news to you and bring some
        reality to the situation, but it is true, a number of
        the 'Senior' members of last year's successful team
        are training with St. Mary's and/or St. Anthony's!!!

        I have not gotten to the source yet, but it seem
        apparent that, despite last year's successes, many
        palyers were not comfortable with the way the team was
        being managed and, with the departure of Harrinauth as
        Manager, all seemed to be lost. The guys then decided
        that enough was enough and moved on!!!

        Incidentally, I will not be part of the programme this
        year either....since the Coach and new Manager have
        opted to not request my services, which I have always
        rendered voluntarily, just for the love of the
        'Royalians'!!!

        So that's that......I hope the worst doesn't come to
        bear fruit, but I am not very optin=mistic about this
        situation.

        Hold it down and let's keep in touch.

        Later.
        Chan.

      • Karl Doyle
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 17, 2004

          First scouts, now football?!! What's going on?

          Why?

        • Bee JayCee
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 17, 2004
            Yo Karl,

            Things change.. especially in schools where there is a
            high turnover of participants.. in SOME PLACES and for
            SOME PERIODS, you get a high degree of stability and
            everybody takes it for granted that it will go on
            forever.. and then life (more often death) steps in...
            and the scene changes

            Those of you (in both areas, Karl!!!) who wish to get
            involved can step forward and get the full story... if
            you decide to stay out for whatever reason (and we got
            a view of that today from a former football
            participant!) don't knock what is going on.... learn
            constructive action and how to support without being
            hyper-critical. There are a lot of people working
            their butts off to make anything at all happen.. don't
            take their effort for granted! Because if the people
            who are still DOING stop, NOTHING will happen...

            BJC

            --- Karl Doyle <bluecultureent@...> wrote:

            > First scouts, now football?!! What's going on?
            >
            > Why?

          • Rondell Paul
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 17, 2004
              Mr Chandler, do u know who exactly is trainin wid d Saints? What i
              do know is that the side this year is very very young, younger than
              when my generation started to play first division football. Does any
              one know if Thorne is coming back to play this year?
            • Bruce Wayne

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 18, 2004
                  um i know d skool has d final say wid d transfer legalities, but can
                  they really stop u from not wantin to stay in d skool? i doh know i
                  cud b misjudgin d way u put ur statement across eh, but u make it
                  sound like d players on a lock down. i doh blame dem at all cu i was
                  a membah of las yrs side, an well i had d hardest part of d whole
                  team buh we eh go get into dat. neways, yeh is d players choice to
                  leave if dehw ant to leave. for one, i am tellin u dat QRC's sixth
                  form is not one for footballers.
                • Leon Chandler
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004
                    Rondell,

                    First of all let me say thank you for responding and a
                    special thank you to you and your mom for the support
                    and understanding during the last season.

                    To answer your questions. Firstly, yes I do know who
                    is training with both the 'Saints' but, I am yet to
                    see the need to divulge names in this forum since I do
                    not want to be responsible for any adverse comments or
                    reactions directed at these players as a result of
                    same. All I will say is that they are senior players
                    who either have one year left in the League or are
                    seeking another 'repeat'.

                    As for Thorne, it seems apparent that he is
                    disenchanted with the appearance of the 'Young Team'
                    as well and has opted to pursue his professional
                    options with a Local Club. He has informed the Coach
                    of his availability for the upcoming season as well as
                    his inavailability for training sessions. This might
                    be a case of 'getting too big for one's boots'!!!

                    I know the team is young and there will be a lot who
                    agree as well as those who disagree with the approach
                    that has been taken. Left to me, I would say, I told
                    them so, but then again, Chandler doesn't ever know
                    what he is doing or talking about.......until it's too
                    late!!!!

                    I am still a Royalian!!!!! Who doh like dat, is dey
                    business!!!!

                    Chan.

                  • Leon Chandler
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004
                      Bruce,

                      You can train for another school at your desire, then
                      apply for the transfer when results are out. You earn
                      the school's support in this way!

                      Chan.

                    • Jarrod Placide-Raymond
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004

                        hmmm...football seeing hard times...and trembling upon the prospect of going into the new season with a young team; young to say the least. Well, as i hear about the transfers and what not, i would like to ask, why does the school not play WITHOUT transfers for one year, much like the cricket team, which i'm sure most of the people in this group, know nothing about. Let the team face the league with pure bred players, not players who up and one year decide they will use their football talent to qualify for the walls of QRC...and then the administration complains about the academic deliquency of the sixth form. Hmm..maybe there should be a further examination of the importance of football in relation to academics..

                        J. Placide-Raymond

                        J. Placide-Raymond
                        Cross...Angry...Mi-s-er-able...It's Placide...QRCene...
                        >From: Leon Chandler <onyx1_tt@...> >Reply-To: qrc@yahoogroups.com >To: qrc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [QRC Old Boys] I heard a terrible rumour... >Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:31:34 -0700 (PDT) > >Rondell, > >First of all let me say thank you for responding and a >special thank you to you and your mom for the support >and understanding during the last season. > >To answer your questions. Firstly, yes I do know who >is training with both the 'Saints' but, I am yet to >see the need to divulge names in this forum since I do >not want to be responsible for any adverse comments or >reactions directed at these players as a result of >same. All I will say is that they are senior players >who either have one year left in the League or are >seeking another 'repeat'. > >As for Thorne, it seems apparent that he is >disenchanted with the appearance of the 'Young Team' >as well and has opted to pursue his professional >options with a Local Club. He has informed the Coach >of his availability for the upcoming season as well as >his inavailability for training sessions. This might >be a case of 'getting too big for one's boots'!!! > >I know the team is young and there will be a lot who >agree as well as those who disagree with the approach >that has been taken. Left to me, I would say, I told >them so, but then again, Chandler doesn't ever know >what he is doing or talking about.......until it's too >late!!!! > >I am still a Royalian!!!!! Who doh like dat, is dey >business!!!! > >Chan. > > > > >__________________________________ >Do you Yahoo!? >Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign! >http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/ >

                      • Rondell Paul
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004
                          first i must apologize fr the manner in which my previous points
                          were put forth (typing in dialect). second, i didnt expect for the
                          names to by told here, cus i know of a few also. i dont see the
                          problem in playing with a young team, dat wud mean in the next
                          season we would hav a more experienced first division side. this
                          would just mean that we, the Royalian family would have to sacrifice
                          a year of victory.
                        • Leon Chandler
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004
                            Jarrod,

                            I think you missed the point, the transfers are out of
                            QRC, not in to it!

                            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                          • Jarrod Placide-Raymond
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 19, 2004

                              I am aware that the transfers are out of QRC. If these people are not happy with the team, then why should we try and force them to stay. An unhappy player doesn't make a good one. And as to my previous point as to the transfers into QRC, we all know that they are forth coming. I was merely stating a point that would eventually needed to be stated.

                              J. Placide-Raymond
                              Cross...Angry...Mi-s-er-able...It's Placide...QRCene...
                              >From: Leon Chandler <onyx1_tt@...> >Reply-To: qrc@yahoogroups.com >To: qrc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [QRC Old Boys] I heard a terrible rumour... >Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:51:07 -0700 (PDT) > >Jarrod, > >I think you missed the point, the transfers are out of >QRC, not in to it! > > > > > >__________________________________ >Do you Yahoo!? >Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out! >http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                            • Sherwyn
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 20, 2004
                                hey guys, i'm more of a reader and i was just reading the few
                                comments on qrc football. i was a part of last year's squad and i
                                thought thing ran smoothly. but on speaking with someone in
                                authority after the season, i realised that things were not as
                                seemed. on the current squad, i saw them train on 1 occasion and
                                there are young, but who knows what they are capable of. most of the
                                players that left were senior players who wrote exams like myself. i
                                cannot speak for the others but i think that if they are un-happy,
                                they should have a choice of what they what to do. if things are
                                done in a certain way and u cannot voice your say then the only
                                option is to leave and train with another side, it is up to them
                                (and the school of course). players might not see themselves fitting
                                into a certain system. i am very thankful for the opportunity i
                                received to play for a school like queens royal college and i will
                                continue to give them my support no matter what.

                                Sherwyn 'sleepy' O'Brien.
                              • Leon Chandler
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 21, 2004
                                  Sherwyn,

                                  I know that in the surface you saw a smooth running of
                                  the programme last year, but we saw no need to affect
                                  what was a very good season by exposiny you, the
                                  players, to what was really transpiring.

                                  I thank you for responding to this issue since the
                                  input from a player who was part of the last team is
                                  invaluable.

                                  I know that this team is young and anything's possible
                                  and the scope for continuity and maturity is great
                                  but, there is always a need for that senior influence
                                  on the team to help mold and shape the younger
                                  players, I'm sure you benefitted from that. The coach
                                  can only do so much, a team is also built on the
                                  comraderie that develops in the showers etc., and the
                                  senior players usually lead this important
                                  development.

                                  I think one of the roles of the Managers of the
                                  programme would be to ensure that players are happy
                                  and comfortable. I know that, during my tenure, we had
                                  open forums which enabled all players to voice their
                                  opinions on training, uniforms, practice games etc..
                                  This went a long way in ensuring that the players felt
                                  that they were part of the Syetem, not just the team
                                  they represented.

                                  The long and short of my issue is, even if the players
                                  are entitled to their choice, which they are, enough
                                  should be done to ensure that the choice is to remain
                                  at QRC, and I fear that is not being done!

                                  Let me thank you sincerely for your contribution to
                                  last year's successes, I know you played in pain at
                                  the end of the season and you carried on selflessely.
                                  It was a pleasure working with and for you and, should
                                  you require any assistance in the future, please don't
                                  hesitate to drop me a line.

                                  All the best to you in your future endeavours.

                                  Chandler.

                                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                • Sherwyn O'Brien

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 21, 2004
                                      I hope ah doing this correct..I wanted to stay out of this because
                                      all yuh that "harri'" doh have luck..and meh name always
                                      calling ..and people is raise a red flag when they hear it..!!
                                      Anyways..with reference to the Football 2004..all I can say it that
                                      the 'students' working really hard..but it is also quite evident
                                      that the support (personel) is not there..but at least all the teams
                                      are training or beginning to train.
                                      I expect that as season draws closer, the necessary support staff
                                      will be there.
                                      It is now history that the persons involved for the past 10-12 years
                                      around QRC Football...are all removed..resigned..moved on...fed
                                      up..whatever..the continuity and systems that were in
                                      place..probably will all be eroded. That is a real fear.
                                      Players who choose to represent other schools in 2004 I wish them
                                      the best... because I have probably seen all of them grow up..so
                                      it's hard to do otherwise...however I know that withing every fibre
                                      of the body QRC ....exists...What I think needs to be asked ..is
                                      Where has QRC Football failed its students and what are some of the
                                      students expectations? I tried my best to establish a number of
                                      things during my tenure as Manager such as : Study Groups, Student
                                      Profile, Scholarship Links, Psychology Sessions, QRC Football
                                      Academy,additional sponsorship, etc etc..but either the funds were
                                      not provided and or the voluntary personnel were unable to find the
                                      necessary time.. I can go on and on..but ... so changing of the
                                      guards ...is necessary...love and much respect..to all....
                                      Kenrick(harri)