Where are the PayCheck transactions stored..

  • askolits2
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 1:19 PM
      I just installed the QODBC driver and want to do something very basic.
      I want to reproduce the 'Cash On Hand' number that shows up on the Balance sheet. Using the transaction table, I can get the Savings account info. No problem. But the when I get the checking account total on hand, I'm not getting the proper number. It seems the transaction table doesn't include PayRoll checks.

      Where is the payroll info that is posted against the checking account stored?

      If I run Quiickbooks and look at the registry, I can see the transactions, but can't find it anywhere within the 132 QuickBook tables.
    • Brad
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 6:03 PM
        The data in QODBC is from the QuickBooks SDk which is not the raw database
        QuickBooks uses but a portion of the total database, therefore sensitive
        things like payroll numbers are not always available in tables, but there
        are reports available.
        If you are trying to get the balance sheet numbers, just run the balance
        sheet report via QODBC and that should take care of your issue. should you
        need further payroll data, there are some reports for payroll as well.

        brad

        --
        Brad Waddell, Managing Director
        FLEXquarters.com Limited

      • ASkolits
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 8:34 PM
          Really!
          In some way's I understand that but, if I have to be an admin to install the
          QODBC driver program, you would think I could see all that data anyway
          through the QB app.

          Besides, I can see people's addresses, phone #, date of birth and social
          security numbers. I guess they don't think that's private info?

          So is there a stored procedure that will give me a running Cash On Hand by
          week. I need to do some graphs.

          For example.

          01/01/2009 $4,345,345
          01/08/2009 $4,678,123
          01/15/2009 $4,789,234

          If I had all the transaction data in the Checking account, I could easily do
          my graph.

          John

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 9:33 PM
            hi

            On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM, ASkolits <askolits@...> wrote:

            > Really!
            > In some way's I understand that but, if I have to be an admin to install
            > the
            > QODBC driver program, you would think I could see all that data anyway
            > through the QB app.

            it's not a question of rights, it has to do with what Intuit wishes you to
            see. They have various services related to payroll...

            > Besides, I can see people's addresses, phone #, date of birth and social
            > security numbers. I guess they don't think that's private info?

            see above

            > So is there a stored procedure that will give me a running Cash On Hand by
            > week. I need to do some graphs.
            > For example.
            > 01/01/2009 $4,345,345
            > 01/08/2009 $4,678,123
            > 01/15/2009 $4,789,234
            > If I had all the transaction data in the Checking account, I could easily
            > do
            > my graph.

            this is not our support board, i would suggest you post there for a detailed
            answer, this is a user to user discussion list. thanks!

            brad

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8 6:14 AM
              Brad,

              Thanks for helping me with all this.
              I'll find the support board and post my question there.

              John