RE:Tai Chi Class Boosts Shingles Immunity

  • Qigong4U
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
      Posted on the QI Message Board by xan0q
      http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3
      Send replies to qiresearch@yahoogroups.com
      good example; tai chi chih
      The study was well planned.

      It may be debated as to whether tai chi chih is really
      taijiquan but the principles and concepts are
      necessary and they speak for themselves.

      There are those who say that you must practice their
      style to gain benefit but we see this is not the case.
      Some 'masters'/students go after lineage as if this
      ius a guarnatee of 'gong' success but studies like
      these prove otherwise. It is still said that only
      'real' taijiquan (tai chi) is beneficial but the study
      at Emory University (balance in seniors) used only ten
      (10) basic postures and they were not always done in
      form pattern.

      The Tai chi chih group/community has truly submitted
      itself to scientific scrutiny through their method and
      it will catch on as more people see it is suitable for
      those who need it.

      One needs the following:
      1. Good teacher
      2. Good student
      3. Practice (consistant)
      4. Gain health and wellbeing

      =====
      http://www.qigonginstitute.org/

      http://pub21.ezboard.com/bqigonginstitute

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Wtcqd2000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
        I agree. I think the "mind set" one practices Tai Chi, Qigong, etc. in is
        often more important than the actual form usually. I think the territorial wars
        in the Tai Chi, Qigong community are severely retarding the spread of Tai Chi
        & Qigong to a world that desperately needs it. Rather than fighting over a
        small slice of pie, we should all work together to make the pie bigger and
        bigger, by supporting one another.

        Bill Douglas, World Tai Chi & Qigong Day