any theory

  • Qigong4U
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Re-Posted for Mark Johnson
      http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3

      Lately, I have been surprised and disgusted with a
      certain smugness among some members who claim to have
      a monopoly on logic and reason and scientific
      objectivism. While others imply that discussing
      Yin/Yang theory or any theory is a waste of time and
      that all we should be doing is healing with Qi.
      It is almost like: "the hell with gravatational
      THEORY, just jump off the mountain!"
      I say, the more informed you are about gravitational
      theory, the more safe your jump will be. The better
      you understand Yin/Yang theory, the better your
      healing will be. (making sure your understanding is
      internally consistent of course!)
      For example, before I knew anything about Yin/Yang
      THEORY, I fought force with force and sometimes I won
      and sometimes I lost. After learning and applying some
      of the deeper aspects of the theory, I have seldom
      lost. Now, if I want to lower someone, I first raise
      them slightly...works every time!
      A good boxer will train up to the last day then do
      nothing all day. Their "doing" in the ring will be
      enhanced by the "nothingness" of the previous day.
      I once saw my Taoist teacher use that theory in an
      amazing way. He was in a long, quiet stuck phase. No
      new business, properties not selling etc. and after
      several weeks of "going with the flow", he got
      disgusted with it and said that was enough. He ordered
      me to bring him some Donkey Bile and it smelled so bad
      I had to vacate the clinic. He ate it all. I asked why
      he did that. He said you just watch and see. The next
      day, there were a lot of patients and he got an offer
      on his house and other impressive details that
      suggested he quickly turned around that slow phase to
      one of activity. My understanding of that was he took
      the bitterness and disgust he was feeling at the time
      and did the most bitter and disgusting thing he could
      think of and it quickly turned into a sweet response.
      Most people in depression, or whatever,try to distract
      themselves but if they would simply dive into it and
      really experience it and even exaggerate it, it would
      release and reverse itself.
      These are just a few examples of how knowing and using
      Yin/Yang theory can enhance your life. So dont
      hesitate to discuss this or any other theory. Just
      make sure you are internally consistent. :
      Mark

      =====
      http://www.qigonginstitute.org/

      http://pub21.ezboard.com/bqigonginstitute

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Qigong4U
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
        Posted on the QI Message Board by Dai Bin
        http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3

        Some ideaes!

        If I haven't understood wrong, Mark was aiming at my
        ideaes. Mark, please attention my original text, I
        said we may discuss Yin/Yang theory with a learning
        problem,but utilizing it to teach "Qigong" only can
        chucks away time and energy, I think I have given a
        good explaining in my original text. Here I'd like to
        point out anothers explaining again, all we should
        know Zen, "Qigong" of Buddhism, Yoga have not Yin/Yang
        theory, may I think to practise these methods must
        study Yin/Yang theory? or cann't we get effects from
        those methods because we didn't know Yin/Yang theory?
        of cause we still can prove it isn't a perfect
        explaining to coach Qigong practice with glossology
        and linguistic philosophy.

        When we ask such question: has Yin/Yang theory
        helpful? this is a flakey question! are there no
        helpful theory in the world? The right questions
        should be, if Yin/Yang theory can coach our Qigong
        practice availably , how much efficiency to our Qigong
        practice, if we may keep on our Qigong practice and do
        it well after giving up Yin/Yang theory...

        If you have understood Yin/Yang theory well, why need
        you give up Yin/Yang theory? it is no necessary.here I
        remind of that it is impossible thing to understand
        Yin/Yang theory for the most people, I brought forward
        this problem to hope Qigong master of the West
        attention to the problem of Qigong development.

        About having a monopoly on logic and reason and
        scientific objectivism, I think knowledge may share
        with anybody, but "technique" is another problem. Now,
        there are many Qigong methods,"this Qigong","that
        Qigong", "his Qigong", "one's Qigong",etc. Cann't I
        say this is "my Qigong"! This will relate to the
        system of Qigong development, of cause it will relate
        to a problem of state advantage yet.

        In my mind, the west people should have a open mind
        much more than chinese, but in Qigong field, maybe the
        faction thought is severity in west. In fact, many
        Qigong methods are reasonable, you just can do it well
        by adding new ideaes. There are no any conflict if you
        will use this technique, because any Qigong method may
        integrate with this technique, our intention is for
        cleaning out feigned Qigong and countercheck feigned
        Qigong to appear again.

        =====

      • savva@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
          In a message dated 6/1/2003 9:32:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, qigong4u@... writes:

          Posted on the QI Message Board by  Dai Bin
          http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3

          Some ideaes!

          Yin and Yang concept is a part of dialectics born in the Orient and developed by Hegel (one of Dalai Lama's monasteries in Dharamsala is named "School of Dialectics").

          Dialectics is a set of lows governing development of all kind of organizations (organizations of things, beings and thoughts, according to Bogdanov). Thus, it is much broader than Qigong.

          Savva