Do these devices really work??

  • leadfoot13@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
    • Qigong4U
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2002
        Mirrored from BBS sent by keval dass
        http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3
        Re: Do these devices really work?? The key word here
        is believe, which means you don't know. How many
        people must say the same thing when asked about qi
        gong. Alex Chiu's claims are ridiculous, there is no
        question about that. He claims immortality can be had
        by wearing his rings, which is something that should
        take him forever to prove. Do his rings have an
        effect? They did for me. An amazing effect which can
        only be understood by wearing the rings and trying it
        out. You know the frustration of trying to tell
        someone about qi, the movement of it, the warmth from
        it, especially when they sneer or chuckle at you. Well
        those rings are about the same. If you wear his rings
        and footbraces while practicing the microcosmic orbit,
        it will boost the effect of the practice. Body heat
        increases and there is a distinct awareness of the qi
        in motion around the body. But don't believe
        it........TRY IT! That doesn't mean that you have to
        buy the rings from him, you can make your own if you
        have the patience to do so......I didn't and for a
        lark I bought them. I teach english and thought that
        it would make a great topic for my classes with lots
        of new words and phrases for my students to learn. You
        have to know how surprised I was after wearing them
        for one night. I didn't pay attention to the
        instructions and put the rings on incorrectly with the
        polarities the same, one side should be positive and
        the other negative, yin and yang. I had the worse
        nightmare in memory, I slept four hours and it was
        like a kind of hell. After consulting the instructions
        i wore them again the next night and had the exact
        opposite, the most comfortable sleep I could imagine,
        it was like sleeping in a cloud. My energy was
        refreshed and this went on for about two weeks. I wear
        the rings all the time and live with the remarks and
        sometimes sneers. The intense effects have all but
        vanished, that doesn't mean the rings aren't working
        normally. Should I discontinue to wear them for a few
        weeks I will feel the effects of the magnetic field
        enhancement when I put them on again. You begin to
        discover what this mysterious qi actually is, all one
        needs is an open mind. Go to quackwatch.com, you will
        find magnetics there with qi gong and according to
        those quacks neither of them work.

        From: leadfoot13@b...
        Date: Mon Sep 2, 2002 12:50 pm
        Subject: Do these devices really work??

        Check this out.
        www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=bigal

        =====
        http://www.qigonginstitute.org/

        http://pub21.ezboard.com/bqigonginstitute

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • Qigong4U
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2002
          Re-posted for KClark3600
          http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3

          As a note of interest, I have treated about 4 people
          who have had adverse effects from various magnetic
          devices. Have not had anyone come in with a problem
          from magnetic rings yet. What I have discovered is
          some individuals are very sensitive to magnets and
          will get headaches, body aches and pains, and
          diarrhea.It seems to occur with greater frequency in
          highly intuitive individuals.
          The best treatment I have found is to stimulate the
          bladder shu points and just balance everything out
          that way. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 treatments, but
          usually improvement is noted after the first
          treatment.
          Karen Clark ND,DC

          =====

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 16, 2002
            Reposted for Demian Meyer
            http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3

            If you have not done so, you all might want to look
            into the research of Dr. Franz Anton Mesmer

            =====

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2002
              Mirrored from BBS sent by Keval Dass http://pub21.ezboard.com/fqigonginstitutefrm3 ======================================================= Re: Do these devices really work??The oxford desk dictionary defines immortality as deathlessness, it didn't say anything about birthlessness, nor it being absolute in nature. To live forever is to be immortal, to have always existed is to be eternal. Hercules became immortal in Greek mythology, he didn't acquire a state of longevity, or at least I have yet to read the rendition of the myth that states it that way. Defining words according to one's own dispostion and not on the concensus of recognized authorities in society must make for alot of arguments, thats not my cup of tea. The notion of immortality in Chinese culture has evolved over the centuries. The Chinese Buddhists have borrowed from the Indians that see the immortality of the Gods to be one of extreme longevity, to what extent that has affected the daoists I don't know. The development of the Golden Immortal is the pinnacle of qi gong practice, whether one believes it or not is something else. As for Alex Chiu and his immortality shtick, I think its a challenge to the skeptic, that they will either immediately brush him off or it will provoke them to try the rings and prove him to be the fraud they think he is. The former being a close minded authoritarian and the later an open minded skeptic++. Why skeptic++ because a skeptic is one that doubts all accepted opinions and there is nothing acceptable about Chiu's claims. He will refund the money, he gives you ninety days. As for the original poster of this question "do these devices really work" I suspect he is clicking for rings. He needs eighty people to click on that link and he will receive a pair of rings free, the cheap ones I think, three hundred clicks and he gets the expensive ones.

              http://www.qigonginstitute.org/

              http://pub21.ezboard.com/bqigonginstitute

              Do you Yahoo!?
              faith.yahoo.com