Introduction

  • brynorr@yahoo.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      It is excellent to see lively discussion and debate on the topic of
      qi research.

      My name is Bryn Orr and I am a lecturer in Chinese Exercise
      Therapy (Qigong, Taijiquan) and Qigong Bodywork (Tui Na, Dian
      Xue, An Mo, Wai Qi Liao Fa) at the Australian College of Natural
      Medicine, which offer degree status programmes in
      Acupuncture, Herbs, Martial Arts Instruction, etc.

      Due to the nature of my work I spend quite alot of time
      researching the human energy paradigm and have had a
      number of articles published in the Pacific Journal of Oriental
      Medicine, Australasian Martial Arts and others. Some of these
      articles are featured on my webpage 'Beiji Healing Arts
      Homepage' :

      http://silverseapublishing.virtualave.net

      One of these articles "Towards a new interpretation of Taoist
      Alchemy" contains my bio-oscilator theory of Taoist Alchemy
      which posits a possible physiological explaination of some of
      the phenomenon associated with this type of qi work. This
      theory also explores the commonalities of Kundalini, Taoist
      Alchemy and other systems.

      I hope you enjoy this material.

      Regards,

      Bryn Orr
    • brynorr@yahoo.com.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2001
        Dear Readers,

        My name is Bryn Orr and I am currently employed at the
        Australian College of Natural Medicine, Bribane, Australia, as a
        lecturer in Chinese Exercise Therapy (Taijiquan, Qigong, Yoga)
        and Oriental Massage (Tui Na, An Mo, Dian Xue, etc) within the
        colleges Acupuncture Degree Progam.

        I am interested in the Human Energy Paradigm and research
        that quantifies the nature of qi and its associated cultivation
        practices. My duties within the college require me to transmit
        this knowledge to the learners in a way they can understand and
        in a practical fashion. It is great to see such ernest discussion,
        this can only breed growth and greater understanding.

        My website "Beiji Healing Arts Homepage" contains a number of
        articles I have published, including "Towards a new
        interpretation of Taoist Alchemy" which is an attempt to explain
        some of the physiological changes that occur during the practice
        of Daoist meditation and qigong.

        The address for Beiji Healing Arts is: