Re: [qiresearch] Effects of Qi

  • Mark Adlington
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2001
      Dragon Black Belt Academy International Presents:-
      II I  I    I     I            I                    I                                       I
      Seminar with 8th Dan Master Rich Mooney.

      Yaxley Public Hall (Cambridgeshire)
      Wednesday 16th May 2001
      6pm - 9pm
      (Normal classes will still be on)
      Cost £20 Seniors & £10 Juniors

      Don't miss this one folks!

      Sorry for the add will explain if asked, no profit for me!

      For further information contact:-
      Master Mark Adlington
      Dragon Black Belt Academy International
      www.dbbai.co.uk
      TangSooDo@...
      I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

      Dragon Natural Healing Academy
      www.naturalhealing.plus.com
      MarkAd@...

      Tel/Fax 01487 830601
      (44)1487 830601
      11 Ashdale close
      Sawtry
      Cambridgeshire
      England
      PE28 5SN
      U.K.
      II I  I    I     I            I                    I
      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 7:04 AM
      Subject: [qiresearch] Effects of Qi

      From Pub Crawler, 4/30/01

      Am J Chin Med 2001;29(1):1-16

      Evidence of Qi-gong energy and its biological effect on the enhancement of the phagocytic activity of human polymorphonuclear leukocytes.

      Fukushima M, Kataoka T, Hamada C, Matsumoto M.

      Department of Pharmacoepidemiology, School of Public Health, Kyoto University, Japan.

      In order to test for an effect of phosphate buffered saline (PBS) treated externally with Qi
      energy ("Qi-treated" PBS) on the phagocytic activity of human polymorphonuclear
      leukocytes (PMNs), rigorously controlled experiments employing masking and
      randomized procedures were carried out under independent monitoring. In all experiments,
      Qi treatment was externally applied under monitoring to newly purchased unopened 100
      ml bottles of PBS, and the PMN phagocytic activity was assayed by one experimenter in
      masked, randomized and monitored conditions using a highly sensitive
      chemiluminescence method. Phagocytic activity data were obtained in triplicate for each
      sample and then statistically analyzed. The PBS samples Qi-treated by the Qi-gong master
      and by one of the Qi-gong trainees showed clear stimulation of PMN phagocytic activity
      which was significant statistically, and this phenomenon was highly reproducible. Out of
      10 experiments by the Qi-gong master, only twice did Qi-treatment fail to influence the
      PBS. The activity of Qi-treated PBS decayed over days or weeks. Furthermore, it was
      found that Qi-treated PBS had decreased phagocytic stimulatory activity after microwave
      treatment, but not after autoclave treatment. We also demonstrated that microwave
      irradiation and infrared laser pulse irradiation have similar effects on PBS as Qi-treatment.
      The results obtained in this experiment provide evidence of the existence of Qi energy, its
      ability to influence an electrolyte solution and its biological effect. Furthermore, microwave
      or infrared laser pulse treatment was found to partly mimic the Qi-treatment of PBS.

      Kenneth M. Sancier, Ph.D.
      Founder & Chairman, Qigong Institute

      The Qigong Institute aims to serve the public through educational and research programs. The information we provide is supported by membership, sale of materials, and donations. Please visit our web site at
      http://www.qigonginstitute.org