[qiresearch] Welcome to Int'l Forum for Qigong Research

  • Kevin Chen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      A discussion group for those who are intersted in the scientific research of Qigong and its applications in our everyday lives has been formed. The group will be called "International Forum for Qigong Research" at this moment. I hope that you will let more people aware of this forum and ask more people make some intellectual contributions to this group. The first two questions I would like to hear answers from all of you are (1) How can we use the modern scientific methods or equipments to effectively show the scientific community that something called "Qigong" does exist within human body or the universal? -- We need some basic but hard evidences to show the western society! (2) What can we use to judge a good or bad Qigong master? In other word, we do not want our well-designed studies or experiments being disturbed by those fake masters.

      Please keep it in mind that we welcome all people who are interested in Qigong research, no matter what Qigong he/she is practicing or studying, but we do not promote any specific form of Qigong, and we want to keep all commencial message out of our forum.

      I am looking forward to seeing some enlightening discussion in this forum. However, please keep all personal or private discussion in private.

      Cheers,

      Kevin Chen, PH.D. MPH
      Your group coordinator
    • Kevin Chen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
[...]

        There are three ways for people to join this group:

        1. Send me a message, I will manually add members on.

        2. Users add themselves by entering their e-mail addresses into
        the membership form found with the group's messages on the
        eGroups.com site. (You also can add such a Web-based
        membership form on your own Web site. Click on "my space",
        then on the name of your group. Then click on "Get a sign-up box
        for this group" to obtain the HTML code you need.)

        3. Users send an e-mail to qiresearch-subscribe@egroups.com

        Cheers,

        Kevin Chen, PH.D. MPH
        Your group coordinator