Qigong for Coronary Patients

  • derdeas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      Hi everybody,

      we are currently planning an intervention study with patients
      suffering from congestive heart failure. I would like to convince my
      colleagues to take up qigong as one of the interventions. In order to
      achive that I am searching for peer reviewed papers which show one of
      the following:

      Effects of Qigong and/or Taiji on
      - health outcomes in heart patients (may also be coronary arterie
      disease or other forms)
      - effects of cardiovascular functioning in general (heart rate, blood
      pressure, heart rate variability, etc.)
      - effects on diabetis, cholesterol, obeseity and hypertension
      - any other effects that you think might be interesting in that context.

      Papers about other forms, like mindfulness meditation, etc. would also
      be welcome.

      I am glad abot any hints you can possibly provide.

      this is my email adress: andreas.cordes@...-goettingen.de

      Thanks in advance,
      Andreas