New Member.

  • alec_sewell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      Just an opening post to announce my membership.

      I teach and practice Tai Chi on the Island of Bonaire in the Caribbean. Because of living on
      an Island, resources are few and far between, so I am grateful for any outside information.

      There is a lot of scepticism about the efficacy of Tai Chi and Qigong exercise, so I am
      always looking for medical research information that shows positive results.

      Many Western Medical Experts do not believe in Chi or Meridians. I guess they should
      practice Taiji before they make up their minds?

      But anyway, if anyone can point me in the direction of published scientific work about Qi,
      or Meridians, that would be very much appreciated.

      Best wishes to all,

      Ron Sewell
    • Nikolas Wolf
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
        TALK TO ME ABOUT SCEPTICIZM AND NOT BELIVING, BUT DO YOUR WORK AND EVERYTHING WILL FIND ITS PLACE. I APPEARED FEW TIMES ON NATIONAL TV, IN MAGAZINES AND PEOPLE ARE NOW A LITLLE BIT MORE OPEN TO TRY SOMETHING FOR THEMSELVES FOR THEIR HEALTH.

            EVEN MY PARENTS TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF THIS, BUT I KNOW WHAT HELPED ME WITH MY CONCUSION PROBLEM, WITH MY BACKBONE, WHAT HELPED ME WHEN THERE WAS A BAD ECOMONY IN CROATIA... TAIJI WAS ALLWAYS WITH ME AND THAT WAY I MEET A BEAUTIFUL HELIS AND FIND LOVE.

        I have a public library presentation in Zagreb ( there will be journalist from sport newspaper there writting an article abou Taijiquan in Olympics) this friday and next tuesday I will have demonstration and exercises with International Womens club in Hotel Sheraton in Zagreb also. For the last two year I had at least 10 Public Library presentations all over Croatia.http://www.worldtaichiday.org/LIBRARYPresentations.html

        1. Taijiquan in Olympic games - if it wasnt for demonstrations we will not know about TaiChi or Taiji nothing today. So it is good to have demonstrations and presentations at every moment we can think of. We can use YOUR experience and advices so PLEASE send to all on this list what can be done to DO IT BEST

        Which leads us at number 2. World TaiChi and Qigong day at http://www.worldtaichiday.org use Bill Douglas founder of WTCQD experience and ad YOUR own and SHARE IT with the rest of the list

        3. D'ont be afraid to fall , because as I experinced very bad moments with the people and endured all doors NOW it seems TO OPEN IN FRONT OF ME.

        4 and this is NUMBER ONE : My HELIS IS IN 4th MONTH PREGNANCY and YOu will see her at the bottom right on the attachment -Mediamontage(Made by Bill Douglas) where it says CROATIA

        Nikolas
        Croatian Wushu Taiji Centre HELIS

        alec_sewell <alec_sewell@...> wrote:
        Hi everyone,

        Just an opening post to announce my membership.

        I teach and practice Tai Chi on the Island of Bonaire in the Caribbean.  Because of living on
        an Island, resources are few and far between, so I am grateful for any outside information.

        There is a lot of scepticism about the efficacy of Tai Chi and Qigong exercise, so I am
        always looking for medical research information that shows positive results.

        Many Western Medical Experts do not believe in Chi or Meridians. I guess they should
        practice Taiji before they make up their minds?

        But anyway, if anyone can point me in the direction of published scientific work about Qi,
        or Meridians, that would be very much appreciated.

        Best wishes to all,

        Ron Sewell

      • Joe Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
          Hi Ron,

          There is a website called yang yang tai chi institute. Or something
          like that. There are links to a lot of research article on tai chi
          and qigong.

          --- In qigonginstitute@yahoogroups.com, "alec_sewell"