New to QiGong - Confused about Sung

  • Benjamin Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 3:53 PM
      Hello all!

      I just joined this group.  I've been practicing QiGong on my own for about 4 months now.  I've primarily gotten my education from books and videos.  Most recently I've read Bruce Frantzis and he discusses a technique called sung.  He describes it as sinking your chi.  He directs to scan your body while standing and release any muscle tension.

      The problem I'm having is that while I'm in the standing pose, my knees are slightly bent, therefore I am using muscles to keep myself standing upright.  I can't keep my knees bent and relax my legs completely.

      Can someone help me to understand this seeming conflicting instruction?

      Thanks!

      Ben