How do I check this?

  • Lourdes Sylvestre
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2005
      How in the heck did a Russian citizen get lineage on an Oriental
      tradition from his family, if he is from Russia? He does not look
      oriental at all. Where is this lineage from?
      "Lama Tantrapa spent many years studying Buddhism, Daoism and Bon,
      traditionally known as Tibetan Shamanism. As a reincarnate Bon Lama,
      he carries a title of a Tulku and was ordained as a Buddhist monk in
      three different traditions: Tibetan Nyingma, Thai Theravada and
      Japanese Nipponzan Myohoji"

      Many years, how many is many years? This guy is relatively young. In
      order for all of these to happen he should have been approaching
      fifty or pass it. This is he, and he looks even younger in person.
      http://www.qidao.org/program.htm

      He offers this:
      "We offer a four-year-long course leading to Ph.D. in Tibetan
      Shamanic Qigong"
      What kind of credentials does he have to offer a PH.D? How valid is
      that degree?
      I asked him how many graduates he had, and he said none. He has been
      open only for four years and nobody has ever completed the four-year
      PhD course.
      I also found this
      Lama Somananda Tantrapa Turku
      Lama is the holder of the lineage of Qi Dao that has been fostered in
      his family for 27 generations. He is an ordained Tibetan Lama and has
      a black belt in Aikido. He has over twenty years experience in
      internal styles of kung fu and Qi Dao. He was taught Qi Dao by his
      grandfather, the previous Grand Master of this style of Tibetan
      Intuitive Qigong.
      Looking at his face, he would of have to start practicing when he was
      ten years old. How did he get this lineage fostered in a Russian
      family?
      "He received religious asylum in the United States in 1997."
      In such a short time his English is impeccable, and he sounds as
      American as it can be?
      There is to many things that do not add up with this guy.
      http://www.qidao.org/biography.htm
      This link shows his face a lot better.
      Is there an organization where I can check if a Tai Chi teacher is
      really who he claims to be? This guy does not sound real, and I hate
      to be use by him. How can I verify who he is? Is there an
      organization that can verify his credentials?